Thread: NIC (eth0) mounting problems

NIC (eth0) mounting problems

Hello Friends,
    I've posted this before but I can't see to make it clear to myself what exactly I need to do. The situation is :

1) I loaded Linux RedHat 9.0
    2) Currently, everything works fine except my NIC card.
    3) No 'drivers' (modules) available for my card as far as I know.
    4) I need help

So essentially, Is there a module for my card? My sources tell me linux always has a module for just about every card. But let's pretend that it's a 'win only' card. Would someone please help, I'd love to get internet working in Linux. I must shift stat. Thanks.

Madman

It'd be great if you could tell us what NIC you have... without that we have no idea which howto to post, or which module you need to load... etc.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Lots of time its not the card that's supported but just the chipset, for.ex. I have a sitecom Fast Ethernet,
    but loading the Tulip module did it.
    Also I think a whole lot of nics turn on the Realtek driver.

Anyway give some more details on the chipset like phishphreek said, and i'll try to pinch in too

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Gentlemen,
    It is a Farallon , NetLINE, PCI (PN993-TX) also I have a Cheetah PCI adapter, by Accton. So either one would suffice. Also, can someone elaborate on 'tulip mode'.

Madman