Greenies/Post

View Poll Results: Will Spammers become the hackers of the future??

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 20.00%
  • no

12 80.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenies/Post

Greenies/Post

Hey,

I was just curious what do you rather have first:

1) 11 Greenies
    2) Senior Member

Which one would you be aiming first (Low post # members)? Or which one did you get to first (for the Seniors)

Which one will earn you respect first
    The AntiPoints System is a way for you to weed out the bad users from the good users, while at the same time building your own reputation in the AntiOnline Community. In general, users who are respected as posting userful information, being friendly, an who answer other's questions, will have a high number of AntiPoints. Users who spam, flame, harass other members, or post misleading information, will have a low or even negative number of AntiPoints.
    Or posts/being here for a long time? Or being respectful?

What am aiming from is the 11 greenies, why because what JP wrote in the FAQ ^^
    The AntiPoints System is a way for you to weed out the bad users from the good users
    Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

I am not here for any kind of status but I am here to learn and to help other people.
    The two things mentioned maybe nice site addons but are not a goal in itself.
    There are numerous newbies out there that now more than I do.
    I would not like to have three red dots but furthermore to me it does not matter.

Cheers
    noODle

I am not here for any kind of status but I am here to learn and to help other people.
    I couldn't agree more wholeheartidly.

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

I understand but I will just curious what do you rather have first or what you had first. Because I look at the AP to see if I did my part in helping people. Sorry I didn't make it that clear . But isn't that what the AP system is for to weed out the bad ones and the ones that have a high number of AP are the nice and helpful ones. I was just asking what would you like to have most of?

Well Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

I agree w/ Ned and No0, but I'm more here to read. . .I don't consider myself highly informed about many security topics, so I like to read all the new threads in the different forums. Heh, I'm sure some people here have probably read some of my posts and thought WTF is he talking about!?! Just think those are the ones that I think I know enough about to help. . .just imagine how many times I've started to reply to a thread and then just deleted it all. . .anywho. . .AP's, there kewl, but I don't really care about them. . .senior status. . .eh, addict is good enough, I was curious about what happens in there, now I know. . .but I'm here to read, gives me something to do at work.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

.I don't consider myself highly informed about many security topics, so I like to read all the new threads in the different forums.
    I can relate to this statement, the reading is what i enjoy the most on AO by far, the only reason i can answer the few questions i am able to tackle is from reading and learning from you guys, aswell as on my own out on the net. Plus reading expands your vocabulary and makes you smarter. Studies show it.

Dead Man Walking
    Since i was the first one to vote for now at least it will be easy to tell my answer. I would rather have alot of good posts behind me then a bunch of little dots. Dont get me wrong the antipoint system is okay but in a way it has become perverted from what the original plan for it was. I dont care what people think of my posts if just one person is able to take something that i have said and put it to constructive use then its worth the time it takes to write it.

Hrm.. I have both so I guess I don't really count... but I hit senior member status first....

I think that everyone here has the right idea, and I agree with them... we're hear to learn and help eachother learn.... I'm on here everyday (probably too often) because I want to learn... it's the greatest thrill of life, when you realize you've learned something completely new and it will benefit you in some way..... We're all here (well most of us) in the pursuit of knowledge, for knowledge can bring happiness (IMHO)... I think you should aim for neither Senior Member status or High APs.... but let them both just come... "Seek and ye shall never find" Don't go in wanting something or looking for something.. Let it happen.. I can tell you though that when you get up there in APs and you see some of the messages with your APs... it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like you are doing something good for the community. There are people here who are twice my age, and have 100 times more experience than I do.... and they'll have the ability to show me things I haven't yet thought of..... So... I sit and answer questions if I can, read when I don't know the answer... and be a contributing member of our society.. our community.....

Personally I think this poll was a bad idea...... Good worthwhile posts are the key to acceptance and respect in AO and with that your post count will increase and you'll gain more greenies...... So just sit around and see what happens..... "Good things come to those who wait"

Peace

HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    hahah.. how many of you have complained about antipoints at one point or another?

green dots mean jack ****. It is easier to get green dots for stupid posts that have no purpose then it is to get them for actually helping someone. Notice I got greens today for a post that said. *fart*

member status also has no purpose. It is nothing to get senior member status. Anyone can run around making a few hundread stupid posts for no purpose and get member status. I will admit I have done it. Not to get member status but because I was making a point about stupid threads. I didn't do it until I was already at something like 1000 posts..
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I hit 11 dots and addict within a week of each other, but I was an addict first. Can't think of a single benefit I've gotten from either one.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.