Thread: LG cd-burner

LG cd-burner

Hi all,
    I recently upgraded my pc to Windos XP Pro, but since then I haven't been able to use my cd-burner. My burner is an LG model CED-8080 and its speeds are 8x4x32x.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sharpshooter

Old Fart
    Try hitting http://www.driverguide.com/indexddc.htm and see if you can find an XP compatible driver there. Username is "drivers", p/w is "all". If not, contact the manufacturer and raise some hell!!!

BTW, you can get a blazing fast Lite-On for around 50 bucks....food for thought.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I recently got a Asus CD Burner 52x24x52 for 60.00 US dollars. I also had a DVD drive to go into the computer also. I could get the computer to recognize the Burner but not the DVD. The problem ended up being that I forgot to set the DVD as a Slave drive. So if you have two drives double check the jumper settings.

Next best thing is to do what allenb suggested. Find a driver or raise hell.
    =

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: LG cd-burner

Originally posted here by sharpshooter
    I recently upgraded my pc to Windos XP Pro, since then I haven't been able to use my cd-burner.
    What exactly do you mean? For example, Does it power up ? Does it show up in device manager? What is it doing / not doing etc?

If you provide some details, may be able to help
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

my guess, without proper information, that the problem is the wonderful *cough* program called Roxio. i was running a LG through Win2000 and my problem ended up being in registry keys. mind you, my drive could read music CDs but not data... i was getting error messages like "[drive letter] is not available Incorrect Function" and " There are no supported CD-recorders available..." when i try to burn.

first, i believe there is a patch for roxio, if thats yer problem. try that first. didnt help me though. EAD_fix and ecdc_v5.3_basic

here's what i did
    if you try this, back up your registry!!!!

there are filters in the registry that seem to cause problems
    HKLM/System/ControlSet001/Class/4D36E965-E325
    HKLM/System/ControlSet002/Class/4D36E965-E325
    delete Upper and Lower filters from both these registry keys

if all else fails with roxio, switch to nero and try that for a while... i like nero better anyhow...

good luck hope this helps!
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?