Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux Networking Utilities

Type "net help"
    The list of available commands are listed for you. If you need help with the individual command type "net help <insert command here>"
    Hope this helps.
    I don't think that works in linux. It only works in m$.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

BTW: Nice link NeuTron

Can anyone recommend an addon for linux that is similar to the "network neighborhood"?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Would someone be willing to direct me to a site where I can obtain some additional network applications. Or is there some way in Linux just to load more?

Im the scatman
    If the scatman can do it so can you.

phishphreek80

You might want to have a look at LinNeighborhood, see if that is what your after.

Screenie here: http://www.bnro.de/~schmidjo/screenshot/index.html

What kind of network applications are you looking for?
    This thread has quite a few. If there is something that you are specifically looking for... or does a specific job, then we could better help you.

Check out the link that NeuTron posted.

Also, some of the utilities that I posted are not installed by default... you have to find them and follow their instructions to install. Some of them are well worth it.

hping2 is a more advanced ping that lets you craft your own packets.

ettercap is a sniffer similar to tcpdump... except it can also sniff switched networks.

nessus (which hasn't been posted) can be used via command line... but is more useful as a gui tool. it is a very popular and very good vulnerability scanner.

Thanx Phat_Penguin, I'll check it out!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

The type of network applications that I am looking for is a very broad sprectrum. To be honest, I'd like to get my hands on as many net apps as possible and just see what they do. So the more people post new apps/commands the happier I get. Thanks to previous posters. Great info! Keep on posting.
    If the scatman can do it so can you.

mii-tool
    great if you want to know what you nic connected at

here is a sweet list at a sweet site http://www.insecure.org/tools.html
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots