Thread: Security Log Full

Security Log Full

I have Windows XP Professianal addition which has 3 different users on it. Me the administrator, and another three people that just have limited accounts. I set up logging on their accounts via gpedit.msc. However, now when they log in it says that the security logs are full and they cannot log in. I disabled all auditing of the logs but still same message.

Anyone know how to clear the security logs?
    =

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    Right-click My Computer on the desktop and select Manage (or get to Event Viewer however you know best).

Right-click on the Security log and select Properties.

Click "Clear Log"

You can also increase the amount of hard drive space available to the Security logs or change the way they work so that it overwrites as needed to avoid this problem in the future.

thanks a lot.
    =

Banned
    also CAF (crash on audit failure) may have been enabled and will keep all non-admin users locked out, you need to set the CAF value back to 1 (from 2) for CAF still enabled, or set to 0 to disable CAF.

CAF should only be enabled if security is a big concern. Although CAF can reduce availibility, this can be considered a worthy risk to prevent unaudited events from occuring.

catch