Thread: gigabyte ga-7va mobo and hard drive sizes

gigabyte ga-7va mobo and hard drive sizes

hi
    ive got a question about a gigabyte ga-7va mobo and what the largest hard drive it will see, i nkow this may not be an issue with these new mobo's but im used to the older types that could only have certain drives sizes or they dont work, ive tried all the obvious things, read the manual and couldnt find anything about it, emailed their tech people and got NO response at all, what im intending to do eventually is get at ATA 133 PCI / raid card and pop that in as well as the onboard ones

what i want to know is does this hard drive size factor influence the new ATA133 controller or is the controller what dictates the largest drive i can have on the controller itself, the drives i were thinking of would either be 80 or 100 gig ones each (2 eventually, 60 gig just doesnt go as far as i thought it would anymore...

If its a relatively new mobo then I wouldn't think that Hard drive size would matter. Give it all you got. Hard drive size should'nt affect the ATA controller. 80 and 100 gig HD seem to be the norm nowadays anyway.

It should recognize everything and work fine. If it doesn't then come on back and tell us what it does.

Good luck.

If its a relatively new mobo then I wouldn't think that Hard drive size would matter. Give it all you got. Hard drive size should'nt affect the ATA controller. 80 and 100 gig HD seem to be the norm nowadays anyway.

It should recognize everything and work fine. If it doesn't then come on back and tell us what it does.

On my mother board which is a ASUS P4C800 I have a UDMA controller. My HD is a WD 80 GIG DMA but my cd burner and DVD are ATA. They work fine but are just a little slower since they are not DMA drives.

Good luck.
    =

Old Fart
    Try updating your BIOS....should resolve the issue.

Good luck!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...