My Day

Thread: My Day

My Day

This is GCC and anything goes... so I'm going to share my day with ya'll mainly because I need to vent and I'm waiting for my roommate to finish with the bathroom..

First off.. let me tell you about my job... I get 8 bux (CDN) an hour.. that's less than $6USD.... to work my ass off all day.. Before I had to stack wood, or pick orders but I always had a supervisor, because I've been there less than 2 months... Well last Tuesday both senior guys hurt themselves.. so they took me off my regular job and put me on a job that I have less than a day's experience on.... And I have no experience at running it, only at being a grunt and moving stuff.. Now instead of giving me a somewhat experienced crew, they give me a team of new hires... and the job we were put on was stacking the roof trusses.... Now I don't know how many of you have ever handled a roof truss.... but when they're 10-12ft high and 40ft long made of 2x6 on the outside and 2x4 as the webbing.. they tend to be pretty heavy.. but the idea is if you find your balance you can carry them between 2 people..... (barely).... so i'm training these new guys.. but because I'm still kinda new and make the same amount as them.. They refuse to listen to me or do what I ask.. and I have no authority to send them home or anything, so I have to put up with it... So I spent all day running my ass off trying to keep up with the 4 teams I had building trusses and sending them out to me... (oh and by the way... the experienced stackers on the other side of the biulding.. only have 2 teams building trusses)..... On top of that. .the thin metal banding we use to hold the trusses together.. well it's new stuff and our banders (machines for banding the banding) aren't properly calibrated.. so we couldn't accurately band anything.... Then the forklift drivers were busy and didn't move any of my finished orders.. so I had to work around almost 200 trusses.. trying to find places on the ground to lay the other trusses.. + the lead hands were yelling at me telling me I did stuff wrong, that the other people had just told me to do.... It was a long day in which I ended up completely pissed off and almost in tears.... and now I'm off to have my nervous breakdown because I'm still in a bad mood....

Anyways.. now I've vented and you've had something to read...

peace
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Cheer up, HTRegs.

from The Red Green Show
    I'm pullin' for ya'.
    We're all in this together.
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Not to spout a cliche or anything, but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I spent the day getting my ass kicked by AP abuse. So we both have had a shitty time. Cheer Up
    -NeuTron

Yeah HT it probably serves to benefit you in the end though. I worked on my grandfathers farm from the age of 5 to 17, and i can safely say it builds character to say the least. Whenever my granpa would take us to the corner store i would ask him for some money to get a treat, and he'd say "i guess i can float you a nickel"....... you can imagine the look i gave him after swinging a machete for around 6 hours or so in a tomato field and being extra careful for black widows under each watermelon and cantelope we'd handle.

Like i said, it's just shaping your character....... and adding a little pain in the meantime.

Yeah it does build character, but I've got enough of that.. I don't mind the work. I love the work.. but it's the whole being put in charge when it's not my job...

But here I'll add to the story for all of ya....

I got home and opened my mail... I owe the college 1800 for tuition + 700 for books.. that makes 2500 bucks.. + I have to supply my own laptop this year.. which has to meet this specs (1.3+ Ghz, 20+ GB HDD, CD-RW, 14.1 TFT, LAN/Wireless, 512MB Ram).... that's not a cheap laptop. it's looking to be about $1600+... that means... 4100.. .my loan is only giving me 2900.... + I have rent + living + bills....

I know I know.. everyone goes threw this.. and has to do this.. but this has been my day.... it can't get much lousier..... *pops another beer*
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Tell me about it, these darn college books are making me broke!!!

This has to be some sort of a crime, there is no way some of these books are costing 2 hundred dollars ! ! !

It's insane.

I thank God for the little grant money i get.

In reply to the character part yes work does build character, but you'd think there'd be an easier way. I spend most of my days during the summer walking out into the middle of 100 acre rice paddies fixing breaks in levies. Or putting spillways(regulates water in the rice paddies)in.

As for the college part, I went to a community college during my senior year in highschool, which I just finished, I took 4 courses English, Oral Comm, Pc Repair and A networking course to prepair for the Net + exam. The books cost $550 US dollars. A little ridiculous if you ask me.
    =