pop-ups

Thread: pop-ups

Question pop-ups

hey everyone,
    just wondering if you use a popup killer, what do you use and if it works and where to get it?

thanks,
    -Lifes too short to worry

use opear web browser for a start, it can kill SOME popups, you can choose to send the rest to the background, this browser (www.opera.com) couple with a program called proxomitron makes a goo combination, search around here for a thread on the proxomitron, there are some here but i dont nkow of them

these should solve your problems if used correctly

It's a gas!
    I prefer to use Mozilla, this browser has the option to remove pop-ups.
    You could also use third party s/w to eradicate pop-ups, just search www.google.com for pop-up killers and you should be good to go!

mrleachy had the best idea there for you, a good browser like opera or mozilla is a great start, especially when you consider how easy they make it to disable pop-up's.

If you want to disable them in IE, disable active scripting.

If you want to download mozilla, go to www.mozilla.org

For proximitron go here, cause the link is temporarily down http://www.spamblocked.com/proxomitron/

Old Fart
    Mozilla rocks when you turn off the pop-ups.

Of course my opinion doesn't matter since you think that I'm stupid, now does it? (I can see your name in the comments jackass!)

From your profile:
    Birthday 1988-04-03
    OS
    Skill Set
    Work Experience high school
    This 40 yr old bows to the superior wisdom of the 15 yr old supreme intellect!!!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Dead Man Walking
    Since i installed Zone Alarm pro i havent had ANY pop ups at all. It kills op ups on contact. It plants a java script in the page when its loading. Pretty cool how it works actualy.

Unhappy allen

the reason i put stupid, cuz i was reading the thread and then you come out and put down somthing totally diffrent, like pooping and rashes wich has nothing to do with the topic, im sorry you took it the wrong way,
    -Lifes too short to worry