Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking Message Boards

Hacking Message Boards

I was wanting to know if any of you might now of any hacking message forums. This is not what you think. Some AO newbie that wants to learn how to hack. I am just curious about how hackers communicate like us security folk. I want to visit, read, give my two cents and leave. Ill visit all that I get a reply from and then post my top favorites for educational purposes. Thanx

"so i go into this bakery and ask, 'do you know of any good bakerys around here?'"

This *is* a hacking/security site mate - if your looking for other sources id suggest various IRC networks/channels and our best friend/deity http://www.google.com

i agree with abtronic... you will not find a better place to chat about hacking and security then here... if you mean sites that are run by people with a more destructive nature then here then most "hacking" sites are full of newbies talking about sub-7 and little script kiddies who are asking things like "how do i hack hotmail?" here at ao we tried to get rid of that level of user which is why were are a "security" site not a "hacking" site. but generally this is a very similar thing, we just have good info here with no malicious intent...
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Banned
    "so i go into this bakery and ask, 'do you know of any good bakerys around here?'"
    hehhehehe

Propaganda i think the best thing would be deleting this thread before well you know , you get negative points....

This is a very good site, but if you want to see what *cough* ub3r hackers talk about, either visit any one of the alt.* forums from here, or goto them via IRC.

To get there from this site, on the main page at the bottom click [Visit the discussion forums] then at the bottom again, find Public Discussion Forums, click any of the alt.* ones. On IRC just connect to any of those alt.* names.

**Remember, do not follow anything you hear in these places, there is a good chance it will hurt you or others and that it is just a lie**

Memory > I think that he means Black Hat (ub3r 1337) hackers.

here at ao we tried to get rid of that level of user which is why were are a "security" site not a "hacking" site. but generally this is a very similar thing, we just have good info here with no malicious intent...
    Well... we have some malicious intent... *kill -9* the s.kiddies, virus writers and spammers...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

neworder.box.sk is the only remotely decent security site besides AO. But, I'm sorry to say, they pale in comparison.
    $person!=$kiddie or die(\"Alas, die you hotmail hacker!!\");
    SecureVision

Personaly I think he has a good point. As a sysadmin its a very good idea to keep tabs on the black hat boards, so lets see how hard I get pounded for this small list (please fell free to add)

torjanfordge.com
    astalavesta.box.sk
    http://www.attrition.org/ (out dated hasn't been matained for a while, this may get me negs as attrition and the founders of AO have a long and murky history)
    packetstormsecurity.org
    alt.2600*/2600.com
    alt.virus*
    phrack.org

Unfortunitly I lost touch for a couple of years s a lot of the sites I used vanished and I havn't replenished yet, any others out there?
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

You have made a little misspelling bballad: astalavesta.box.sk is in fact astalavista.box.sk
    It is a part of the boxnetwork which also contain Neworder.box.sk (not also good than AO, I agree with you Infosecguru, but sometimes interesting).

But I think that the majority of real ones (high levels) are more dealing with their own ring of personal friends or on "serious" sites like securityfocus.com

A funnier interpretation would be that hackers are either nonsocial people either already on AO
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Thanx bballad, abtronic I dont like your smart alliac attitude. You read my question like I needed to know something. See, your analogy is off, if I went into a bakery to by bread I would ask him "Do you know were I can find a store that sells jelly". See, it makes the bread taste better. The best security admin is an ex hacker.