Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Link...

Banned

Stupid Link...

Okay, I'm checking my mail and I open up one from a good friend and all it says is "click"... I unaware what was going to happen, clicked and got a pretty interesting screen... my entire screen filled up with little dialog boxes that kept pop-uping, each one saying "You're an idiot." (Or something like that.) But the worst part is that it is written in Flash and all the windows move in a pattern creating an odd design... so, if you want to "test" (not really) your computer skills, get rid of all the pop-ups without hitting the power button... not that hard but none of my friends have done it.....

E-mail from friend:

"click: www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html"

WARNING: THIS LINK WILL NOT HURT/DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER BUT IT WILL CAUSE A VERY ANNOYING SCREEN THAT MY FRUSTRATE YOU. SO UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO USE COMPUTER WELL ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT CTRL+ALT+DEL DOES, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK AND DO NOT BLAME ME IF YOU END UP SHUTTING DOWN YOUR COMPUTER... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

- Cheers,
    jag291

just ctrl+alt+del i tried it and stopped it

wow this neg me thing is really workin out. like 5 minutes ago i was silver. now i'm at 2 reds.
    woo hoo

Banned
    Mine wouldn't stop... it took like 20 CTRL+ALT+DEL's... but your silver to double red.. probably means some senior members took some action....

My god!!!! it doesn't go away. ahhhhhhhhh.

So many pop ups, so little time.
    =

yeah...... i got some pos ap's too. man it's the weirdest thing

Banned
    That's AO's sick sense of humor... some people here will do exactly the opposite of what you would want them to do... kind of funny, in a dark pathetic way.

Your AntiPoint Stats
    Total AntiPoints That You've Received: -196

4% Positive 96% Negative
    Total AntiPoints That You've Given Out: 0

50% Positive 50% Negative

this is not accurate though for the ps ap's that is ..... i have givin everyone pos ap's but i guess it dosen't count until you have 50 pos ap's. at least thats what is says in the site faq

you can do that in java script with the window.open() command
    you just use it with <body onload= thing.
    when the user opens the page have it open a page that opens the original page which will open the second page which will open the original page and so on and so forth.

With XP pro, all I had to do was hit ctrl-alt-del once and then start clicking away on all the little windows to close them. Not that I hit your link, I've had that experience twice already, not in a hurry to do it again. The good news is it does no damage to your puter, the bad news is you're going to be walking around for 2 days singing "you are an idiot".
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

wow that was fast

Your AntiPoint Stats
    Total AntiPoints That You've Received: -248

3% Positive 97% Negative
    Total AntiPoints That You've Given Out: 0

50% Positive 50% Negative

The problem with that webpage is that when you close one, another one or two open up. Personally i think alt + f4 is the fastest way to kill it. For me it was easy to kill, i told my firewall to block all traffic for a short time. This let me kill the page while keeping it from loading itself in the two new ones that open up. Then its simply closing them and putting the firewall back.

Good luck to anyone who can close those with nothing but a mouse, your only hope is that they freeze. Be careful ive heard of many people's computers becoming incapacitated from it and needing a reboot.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times