Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone help me

I figure if there is a virus on the CD don't mess with it. Trash the CD and get another. If you can't get another then count your losses i.e. if you are lossing anything.

If you don't have anything to lose then all the better. Just don't mess with virus infected files, that's the best way out.

My 2 cents...

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

Than: I gotta guess that if the CD has a virus on it then it isn't direct from the manufacturer
    It has happened before. When CIH spread like wildfire in 1998, NEW Aptiva computers were infected as well as a legit gaming magazine CD game. It's very, very, very rare....

yeha it is pretty rare to get an infected cd from the manufacturer...

1 - how do you know the cd has a virus?
    2 - have you scanned it, and if so what virus is it?

if the disc is from the manufacturer and you scanned it with nav and nav says it is infected... call the comapny and return it. if it is a burn throw it out... but make sure you scan it and find out for sure it is infected...
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

I must admit, I don't know much about the technicalities when it comes to software piracy, but i have a question:
    When you make a backup of a legal copy(say you think the original might get lost, corrupted or otherwise), is that legal or not?
    [gloworange]Not all that glitters is gold [/gloworange]

Yes it is legal to back up your CD's...no its not legal to "lend" those backups to a friend (to be honest in my day I was kind enough to run an ofsite backup location for most of my friends floppies ). As for the virus a company has shipped media with viri before. Some examples would be whatever was in winzip and micalangalo shiped on HD. Oh and MS shiped a virus with one of the versions of 95.

as for waht to do about it...call the company and demand that they sned you a clean CD at their cost. (but if NA is detecting the virus I don't see what the issue is on the copy)
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?