Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone help me

Anyone help me

I have a CD game but it have some Virus in this, how can I copy this but not infect? I have NA 2002 but I thinhk when i copy game from this CD and I run NA, NA will be infect.

1). Insert the Disc
    2). Run NA and scan the CD before u do install or copy the CD
    3). If the CD contains viruses , leave it and do not run or even copied the game.
    When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

Un less you kow exactly which file are infected there isntr a way to copy the game without being infected. If you can dentify thefiles that are infected, yo may beable to copy the others without getting messed up. But I wouldnt take the chance. Im just trying to give you few options.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Than: I gotta guess that if the CD has a virus on it then it isn't direct from the manufacturer.... If it isn't direct from the manufacturer then it is what is called a pirate copy.... Pirate copies are illegal since you are in breach of copyright.

Thus, since what you appear to be doing is illegal, you haven't spent any money on the game and the risk to your computer is high I would throw the thing in the trash and write it off to experience.......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Banned
    Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Than: I gotta guess that if the CD has a virus on it then it isn't direct from the manufacturer.... If it isn't direct from the manufacturer then it is what is called a pirate copy.... Pirate copies are illegal since you are in breach of copyright.

Thus, since what you appear to be doing is illegal, you haven't spent any money on the game and the risk to your computer is high I would throw the thing in the trash and write it off to experience.......
    Not always, for example, I got America's Army from a friend and it wasn't illegal copy, in fact it was on a cheap Memorex CD... just becasue he didn't get it from the manufacturer doesn't mean anything. Let's ask him about more details before we accuse him... I've learned my lesson from previous threads like this.

jag, americas army is free lol, its supplied by the US military for anyone to use, they even carry the charge for running some servers......

anyways tiger is most liekely right, and if he isnt just call the software company

Jaguar: I made no accusation old chap.... In fact, had you read it carefully you would have noticed the word "appear" in the sentence beginning:-

Thus, since what you appear to be doing is illegal
    The advice is still good unless he knows what he is doing which, by the fact he asked a question here about it, I can deduce that he does not......
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Banned
    I know its free, that's my point... if a game is on a CD that is not from the manufacturer, it doesn't necessarily meant the kid has pirated software... it could be from a friend and he's afraid his friend put a virus on it as a joke or something.... but yeah, I agree that tiger is probably right.

Tiger: Using the word "appear" does suggest guilt.... example: It appears that you killed him. It's probably going to turn your right so ...

yes will if his friend copied the program onto a cd and gave to him, that is illegal

Jaguar: The word "appear" does not imply guilt and it certainly doesn't prove it and my use of that specific word was intentional. To use your analagy:

It appears that you killed him because you have his blood on you clothes and hands.

But, you have the blood on your cloths and hands because you came across him still alive and attempted to assist him.

Remember: appearances can be deceptive..... and my use of the word was intended to point out that there was a distinct possibility that what he was doing was illegal.... But I didn't tell him he was doing something illegal, I just informed him that he was leading me to believe that he was.