Thread: Onsite MSXP hack

Smile Onsite MSXP hack

this is more of a flaw then a hack for Windows XP Home Edition. Im unsure if this has been brought to the communities attention hear at AO, but here it is:

1. log into safe mode, f8 while booting up
    2. click on Administrator, sine it isnt by default passsword protected
    3. assign or disassign passwords at your will

so make sure you assign a password for that account.

-Paul

well, as the saying goes in the AO community, if you have physical access to a box, it has no security. The same is true for any windows machine. By default, XP does not allow access to accounts with no password over the LAN, only locally. Therefore, unless you're outfitting your enterprise with XP Home, or you're really paranoid and don't want to get XP Pro(if your're really paranoid, you wouldn't run windows anyway), then it really isn't a big problem. Hell, it makes a tech's job alot easier so they don't have to crack the account when the user forgets the password he/she set.
    $person!=$kiddie or die(\"Alas, die you hotmail hacker!!\");
    SecureVision

very correct, infact i have to upgrade to pro as soon as i get the funds, but its pretty fun to try to secure the unsecure

Dead Man Walking
    okay for starters did you try searching the forums befoer you posted this? Because yes it has been posted before here on more than one ocasion. and as far as infosecguru's coment about if your paranoid about security you wouldnt run widows, im getting sick and tired of people wanting to bash M$ just because they prefer linux. Im not sayin windoze is better or linux is better but they both have thier place and function and a standard out of the box install of either one isnt very secure. Its not the operating system that secures the network its the competence of the admin.

huh
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

You can disable that account as well. And you can also log into in regular mode, not safe mode. Simply press [ctr]+[alt]+[del]+[del] at the windows logon menu or logon screen. This will pull up a prompt, type administrator, then leave the password blank, hit enter.

Thanks The3ntropy now i understand. Was little confuse there for a fews mins
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

Zombie I have looked through about 11 pages of this forum and couldnt find it.