Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here go the numbskulls again.......

Do you really think they are serious? What they are proposing doesn't sound possible. Lets say they actually come up with a way to fry my computer through my ethernet cable . How are they really gonna know who to fry and who not. Sounds like a scare tactic to me.

An addition to what TonyBradley said:

CD sales are also going down due to (unwarranted) price raises. A few years ago, when CDs weren't yet mainstream, you could get them around 12.95-14.99. Last week I walk into my local music store to buy a couple, and lo and behold, I could not find one less than 19.99. I walked out. Reminds you of OPEC, eh?
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Ninja Code Monkey
    On a related note....i found this securityfocus.com article interesting:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/160
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Let me get this straight. They are saying that they are going to develop a program that will monitor millions of computers to destroy them on their third attempt at downloading Mp3's. How practical is that? How about all the different routes that can be taken with the final destination being masked.

To me that's a life long project that will fail in the long run if it is past. There's just to many different situations to take into consideration. For example someone on his own network transfering Mp3's from one computer to another of which he own's the orginal CD's. That would be a big mess. I just don't believe that this will pass.

Besides it's very true that CD sales have dropped since the closing of Napster and it will drop more with the increase in technology. They just don't get the real reason why CD sales are dropping I guess.

Just my thought on things....

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

Banned
    So right tonybradley i download a lot with p2p because most music and movies aren t worth a $.
    then why do you download them if they aint worth the money ....i think we should support our favorite artist by buying their Cd's ....if we don't buy then there will be no next album ..... that also goes for the actors and directors ....if we dont pay to watch the movies ...they loose money and we won't see a part 2 of that movie ....

just my thought

out of the 20$ you spend on a cd (which cost pennies to manufacture) the artist gets less than a dollar , Go to a concert if you want to really support them.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

It would never happen. There are programs out there that you can use to "hack" someone's machine and make it clean it's hard drive in 2-3 seconds that most often damages it physically. So concievably they could work out something to mess up computers. But I mean seriously, if they tried to do that it would be the most embarassing attempt they ever made. People would be running around, pulling proxies, mirroring, etc., etc. and causing a general panic. It would be hilarious. Hell, I hope they do pass it. Talk about a lot of fun reading in the news for a change......

Plus, I would love to see what all the black hats would do with that program to destroy PCs. And you know they would steal it from them within days.....Oh my God, the newspapers would love that much easy picking for stories.
    \"The feeling of losing your mind is a terrible thing. But once it\'s gone, you\'re fine.\"
    Carrie Fisher

there is nothing to pass...no bill is pending. its just a statement by hatch as to where he stands and i dont think any one should forget where that is...in the pocket of the entertainment industry.

They themselves (the entertainment ind) tried to get this attached to the patriot act and failed...so now we hear senators saying it? very strange indeed.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    out of the 20$ you spend on a cd (which cost pennies to manufacture) the artist gets less than a dollar , Go to a concert if you want to really support them.
    what about when 2-3 million copies are sold ...then the artist get his share too doesnt he/she ...he/she gets like 2-3 million....

Old Fart
    For those of you who haven't been around AO for long, take a look at this old thread , take the time to follow the links contained therein and then form your opinions.

I live out in the country, and if I cleaned every horse stall within a 200 mile radius I still would not have shoveled as much sh*t as the RIAA has.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...