Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottled Water

Exclamation Bottled Water

Recently,
    I got real stoned with my good stoner friend and we naturally got the munchies and guzzlies . But, we became very upset and disturbed when we were puzzled why water was never bottled in aluminum cans. Whats up with that!?

Scat
    If the scatman can do it so can you.

I think it is because cans usually end up making the beverage tast slightly different. It's not that different, but with water, you would definatly notice it. Mabey not the reason, but I think it probably contributed to the "all plastic" decision by the bottled water companies.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Well, the reason why is I think that is will rust if it where to stay in the can for a long periods of time. Why would you want it in a can?? Bottles are also easier to make and takes less material. Just my opinion I could me wrong.

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

GreekGoddess
    I think it has to do a lot with marketing the product. When you think of drinking water, you want it to be crystal clear, without impurities. Seeing it in a clear container probably helps this.

I Think Greek Goddess has a good point there. When you think of water you think of crystal clear liquid. Think about it Would you be more likely to buy water in a bottle or in a can where you can't see the water.
    =

Banned
    I always thought it was for the same reason that we no longer use lead pipes for our inlet plumbing; it leaves behind a residue which adds an odd taste and could be harmful?!?!?!?

Banned
    The only reason water isn't bottled in aluminum cans, is the reason GreekGoddess mentioned. Although... Coca-Cola has canned (sparkling) water: BonAqua. It tastes like ****, but not because of the cans... it tastes like **** out of a bottle, too...

Banned
    lol Negative ... Coca-Cola should mind their business and produce Cola and not somethin Mother Earth Made ....

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Coors beer in the US started lining the cans with a micro layer of ceramic material. Keystone beer is supposed to taste the same either in a can or botttle.

I was always impressed by the European milk bottler Parmalat. Sterilize milk so it could be sealed and stored at room temperature for a long time, once you open it the rules of refrigeration kick in.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Banned
    95% of milk in Europe is like that, Fourdc
    Usually, you can keep a pack of sterilized milk for about a year without refridgeration. The milk is boiled at an extremely high temperature for a very short amount of time, then packed. The taste remains the same.