Thread: help me !!(reg windows)

help me !!(reg windows)

hello!

I am always getting message that my windows has been improperly shutdown and scandisk begins to scan all the drives though i shutdown the windows by clicking on startmenu.It is not scanning standard but advance including surface scan and taking me long long time to log into my pc.I changed the operating system from win98 to win me but the problem resides with me........plz help me .What is the problem.......i freshly installed the win me by formatting the c drive and still the problem exists with ME als o plz help me

Banned
    I don't know the answer to your scan disk problem but I gaurntee that switching to ME was not the right choice (M$'s worst version of Windows)... if I were you I get my ass back to 98 and add SE.

==Cheers,
    jag291

Here you go. . .if you don't mind messin' / the reg. Won't fix any problem, but it'll get rid of scandisk. http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/846/
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

If you have really correctly made a clean uninstall before re-installing Windows, I would think to an hardware problem.
    Please note that I'm not familiar with your config, so I can be totally wrong, but I would check for all my hardware elements linked to memory. The hdd obviously, but also the ram: a corrupted ram can create a lot of weird (and sometimes systematics) problems.

Windows lauch scandisk after each boot, ok. But have you noticed data losses or have scandisk found something serious?
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    **Thread moved from Tutorials to General Chit Chat. Thread not a tutorial**
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage