All about raising children...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All about raising children...

All about raising children...

Is this good or what???

1.You spend the first two years of their lives teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.
    2.Grandchildren are God’s reward for not killing your own children.
    3.Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.
    4.Children seldom misquote you. In fact they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said.
    5.The main purpose of holding children’s parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own.
    6.We child-protect our homes, but they are still getting in.
    ADVICE FOR THE DAY.
    Be nice to your kids they will choose your nursing home one day.
    Finally:If you have a lot of tension and get a headache .Do what it says on the aspirin bottle “Take two and and keep away from children.

Hope you enjoyed that
    Cheers
    vanman
    Practise what you preach.

The Recidivist
    You should have this moved to tech humor (not really techy but nothing in there really is). Being a expectant parent, I'm not sure I enjoy the humor.

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    My children (twins) celebrate their 15th birthday tomorrow.

We've had quite a road. We battle autism in one and the other ADHD with manic depression in the other.

The battles behind us are nothing compared to the ones in front. In UDT Seals school they say "the only easy day is yesterday" To any expecting parent I say, cherish and savor each moment, the days drag on but the years fly.

PS I'm not looking for sympathy, I could not be happier with my children, they are the best people in the world.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

To any expecting parent I say, cherish and savor each moment, the days drag on but the years fly.
    fourdc i couldn't agree more

I have a 17 year old daughter that is ODD with manic depression
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

Originally posted here by cdkj

fourdc i couldn't agree more

I have a 17 year old daughter that is ODD with manic depression

Is she lookin for a boyfriend?? j/k

Anyways.. I envy all of you... I'm 21 and want children so bad..... I guess I need a girlfriend first... I'm the complete opposite of most guys my age... I want a family.... I think those of you with families are the luckiest people alive.. I don't think I could imagine anything more precious and amazing than coming home from work (or waiting at home for my wife to get home from work... whichever she wants) and sitting down to dinner with a wife and kids... You people are so lucky..... My hat is off to you...

Peace

HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

I am not thinking about kids right now because am only 18 . But when am around 20 or 22 I will be think about them. The only thing I can do right now is sit back and e----n---j---o----y my teen age years. The start think about college coming up here in a few more weeks, ahaha am sssooooo nervous, but it's a good nervous.

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Anyways.. I envy all of you... I'm 21 and want children so bad..... I guess I need a girlfriend first... I'm the complete opposite of most guys my age... I want a family.... I think those of you with families are the luckiest people alive.. I don't think I could imagine anything more precious and amazing than coming home from work (or waiting at home for my wife to get home from work... whichever she wants) and sitting down to dinner with a wife and kids... You people are so lucky..... My hat is off to you...

Your not the only one HT, i am the same way. Having kids and a wife one day is my primary goal, i would like to have around 7 boys so i can keep my namesake going heheheh. I know that marriage can be full of ups and down, but it sure beats being single all your life.... Just my thoughts on that.

Sorry hjack I meant it in good faith.I have two wonderfull children as well so forgive me but please see it for what it was meant to be....A joke!!Congratulations on your child to be born.
    Practise what you preach.

i'm with HTRegz on this one, families rule.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    HT,

Until you find that special somebody may I suggest you look into programs like Big Brother or any other mentoring program. Kids today need a lot of guidance having someone who wants to spend time with them is a plus.

Who knows maybe through that organization you might meet someone who likes kids as much as you.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot