VeriSign service

Thread: VeriSign service

Question VeriSign service

Hey Guys,

Tell me what you all think about the new VeriSign service.

The Internet services provider announced on Wednesday a new Fraud Protection Service that ties geographical information from its domain-registry database, managed by VeriSignís Network Solutions, to timing data from its credit-card ************* service. The technology, which the company has tested for the last 18 months on its own business, will identify transactions that have an unacceptable probability of being fraudulent.
    I am just thinking that this is a good thing but also it limits buyer mobility. Tell what you think.

Full article Link

- The mind is too beautiful to waste...

Mobility already weak

Buyer mobility is already weak at VeriSign. However, I assume that this will indeed stop or help alleviate IP hijacking. Whatever you do, never change your email address. It takes a week to prove who you are, expecially to move a DNS server.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I think it's a great way to get customer demographics, too. I'm wondering why no privacy watchdog groups have jumped all over this, seems a blatant attempt to gain more marketing info. hehehe
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

not that it matters but i got really excited when i saw this post, my mom is a Venture Capitalist and one of her companies is VeriSign. If you guys have any questions about VeriSign, please email me at and i might be able to answer them

By the way, you mentioned above
    credit-card ************* service
    . The company that does this is called CyberCash and VeriSign recently bought it for this reason. Just a fun fact to know...
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box