Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSN 6 Beta Released!!!

MSN Messenger 6 Beta Released!!!

AOers,

Since some days ago MSN Messenger 6 Beta has been released, i looked through the forums and found nothing about it.

This new version is pretty good in its graphic interface and has really good improvements like:

- NEW GAMES; MSN has made a mess of games you can play with a friend, not all have been added, but play whats there so far! and you also can still play PC games to your friends PC

- SMILIES; they have added more smiles to this new verson, some are animated PLUS creat your own smiles, animaged or not HAVE FUN!

- WEBCAM; now you don't need to download patched for MSN (like 5)

- BUDDY ICONS; you can download an icon from tyhe gallery or make your own (96x96 pixels)

- BACKGROUNDS; you can use the backgrounds msn has given, download new ones, OR MAKE YOUR OWN!

So if you are a MSN Messenger fan you can get it HERE

Bye,

DKRR

Hey thanks -DaRK-RaiDeR- for the heads up, I was unaware of that.

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Banned
    I used to use MSN but slowly found out that only a handful of my friends actually used it so I migrated to the ever-more-popular AOL Instant Messanger. *Checks MSN Folder* I even have 5.0 installed from when I installed MSN. Haven't touched but still stays there.

i got MSN 6.0 Beta , but i still haven't used it , becoz not really sure about that .. everytime i have a programm with "Beta" name always in trouble .. so i will wait for another user who ever used it and i will run on my computer at last .. so u did that DKRR ? probably i will try it this night if someone already did that , hope better and actually i interest with what u features on it mate .. so thansk for the information..

-SD
    When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

I just downloaded and installed MSN 6 Beta and I like it.... I really do.. (so far)... I like the whole custom emoticon thing.. I can have my picture as an emoticon and if you have msn 6.... I can send you my picture instead of a standard smiley or I can make my own smileys.... very very cool.... It also has an option to set you to busy and block all alerts when your running in full screen.. which is great if you watch a lot of movies on your comp like I do... It also looks nicer.. a lil smoother and more fancy... I'll stick with it for now.... and I recommend everyone else grabs it..........

peace

HT

I still prefer IRC

MSN messenger finally has most of the features that are already in Yahoo Messenger and AOL instant messenger in their 6.0 version. Way to go.

But am still stuck to using all three cause some friends prefer one over the other. Oh well, there's always Trillian it does the trick of combinding the three and works resonable well these days. It just don't have most of the perks...

Cheers..
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

I can do file transfers now!!! I don't remember MSN 5 working earlier because right now I'm behind a NAT. I was able to send a small text file to a friend who was also behind a NAT... I haven't tried larger files or binary files yet, but I'm guessing that they might also work.

Have they had some problems with people recently? I haven't read many EULAs in a while, and have just started up again now. I'm wondering because I read through the EULA and it mentions:

...MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS,...
    ...AND OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE OR LACK OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT....
    ...ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR OF NONINFRINGEMENT....
    ...Sun Microsystems, Inc. has contractually obligated Microsoft to make this disclaimer....
    ...The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person, or event is intended or should be inferred....

I like the new version anyways. It seems that you can identify people who have the new version by initiating a instant messaging session with them, but you don't have to say anything. With defualt settings, if there is no picture area in the right part of the (Now much larger!) chat window, then they have an older version...

-Tim_axe

Yep, I have been using it since last month. The current one is the beta preview and it is officially release by M$ and it is more stable compared to the non-official beta version. The final version will be release somewhere around July-August.

To get the latest news of any beta version software from M$, you can get it from here:

http://www.winbeta.org/modules.php?n...&new_topic=305

To get any custom emotion pack, below is the link:

http://www.mess.be/

I am happy that I can add customized TABs into MSN Messenger6.
    More and more people switched to MSN msger as the good quanlity of voice chat.