Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Off Your Rig!

Banned

Show Off Your Rig!

Okay, since this is a new forum... I think we should get something exciting to start it off:

If you have a modded computer, post a pic, tell us about it, get some reviews by some people, and have fun.

I'd get this started but I haven't done anything w/ my box yet so ... when I start I post...

= Cheers,
    jag291 =

Damn I wish I had my scanner!!!! But anyway my newest baby: I have water cooling, AMD 2800 (Overclocked), a crap video card just a 32 MB GF2, LCD lights (fast and the furious lol), 40 GB HD, DDR 256 2700, burner, and a 400 Walt power supply, and 8 fans hehe you can hear it from the front door. Ooooo I can't forget the 1,344 screw's that hold it together (J/K).
    P.S: My RADEON 9000 pro is well on it's way.

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

I'll have to get a picture of mine but I'll go ahead and tell you what it is.

Its not really fancy but it has a Thermaltake Xaser II Server case with a side window.
    Asus P4C800 deluxe Mobo with SATA and Raid
    P4 2.8 GHZ overclocked to 3.01 GHZ
    1.5 GB PC 3200 DDR Ram
    80 GB WD Special Edition HD
    ASUS 52x24x52 CD-RW
    Sony 16x DVD-ROM
    Floppy Drive.
    550 watt power supply.
    Nvidia Gforce 4 TI 4200 128MB DDR ram with DVI and TV out
    Gigabit Lan
    XP pro
    4 Thermaltake case fans.
    =

havnt got a pic of both of mine yet, not sure how long it will take

the uber-gaming box :-)
    AMD palomino 2100+
    512MB ddr2100 RAM
    Ti42000 128meg AGP
    liteon 16x DVD
    24x10x40 burner
    zip-100 external
    winfast tv tuner card
    hercules muse 5.1 DVD + speakers
    antec truepower 350W p/s
    XP pro

the linux box :-)
    Dell optiplex gx-100
    p-3 667
    256MB 133mhz SDRAM
    voodoo 3 PCI
    redhat 8.0

Man.... I thought we were computer geeks.... I guess I was wrong...

Time to explain I guess.... You all have systems that have more power that you ever need... more useless sh*t than you'd ever need "LCD Lights", Water Cooling, PS in excess of 350W.. useless useless stuff... It's a shame to see people thinking they require more power and more speed and then never using the stuff....

It's kinda like gearheads... you have two types... The kind that drive the old muscle cars.. They can tell you everything under the hood and build that car from the ground up... They love the vehicles and put in the wrench time to make them the way they are... Powerful beasts, but a power that is harnessed and used... you need that power to move the vehicle.. to push that big hunk of steel.. Then you the imports.... "ricers" to use a common term in this area... They take (for the most part) japanese cars... or other foreign cars (occasionally u'll see a domestic.. but we just feel sorry for those people).. and they may put in some of the wrench time, but for the most part they pay someone else to put in the work, so they can have something for show... more power than they'd ever need... more power than they'll ever use...just something to show off.....

anyways... back to my original comments.. That's what your computers sound like... Something flashy to impress people and so that you can play your games and say wow I get 150fps even tho my eyes can only see 30 of those..

Hardware nuts p*ss me off... they want the best of the best, but they never put it to use.....

Anyways. my system...

P3 840Mhz
    320MB Ram
    32MB GF 2
    8x DVD Rom
    yada yada yada...

I do software dev., play every game out there, run two or three vmware operating systems at a time.. and at the same time keep up a server.. I see no need for anything with rediculous power. unless you are going to put it to real use.

Kwiep
    386 with 2mb ram black and white vc with tv out
    I painted the case black with a spray can
    Double Dutch

Aye thought I'd also tell everyone my PC specs in here. It is nothing special but still:

Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
    1024 MB DDR 333 memory
    120 GB HDD
    Radeon 9000 64mb Graphics card (crap really)
    1 CD/RW
    1 DVD/RW
    1 LS120 floppy drive
    1 Floppy Drive
    and all the other usual rubbish like new heatsink, 4 case fans new graphic card fan memory heatsink and a fan speed controler on the front of the case.

Aye thought I'd also tell everyone my PC specs in here. It is nothing special but still:

Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
    1024 MB DDR 333 memory
    120 GB HDD
    Radeon 9000 64mb Graphics card (crap really)
    1 CD/RW
    1 DVD/RW
    1 LS120 floppy drive
    1 Floppy Drive
    and all the other usual rubbish like new heatsink, 4 case fans new graphic card fan memory heatsink and a fan speed controler on the front of the case.

Robert Davison

P.S my hardware definatly get's used to its full potential and i saved quite a bit of money overclocking rather then paying more, so it pays off!

The Reason I have such a huge Power supply Ht Regz is because I have several USB powered devices.

Reason for big Video Card.... Quake...Doom.....Unreal..

The Gigabit Lan came with the mobo.

Fast processor because I use it partially as a server same for all the ram.
    =

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    The Reason I have such a huge Power supply Ht Regz is because I have several USB powered devices.

Reason for big Video Card.... Quake...Doom.....Unreal..

The Gigabit Lan came with the mobo.

Fast processor because I use it partially as a server same for all the ram.
    Ok.. so onboard is onboard... that's no biggie.....

As for the video... You don't need a Nvidia Gforce 4 TI 4200 128MB DDR ram with DVI and TV out for Quake Doom and Unreal... I run Unreal Tournament 2k3 on my 32MB GF2 just fine..

Fast processor/Ram because you run a server..... as I stated before.. my system is a server.. I mentioned the specs already... and I've got POP3/SMTP running (host email services for 4 websites).. httpd, ftpd, telnetd, WinVNC, mysqld and my system never even slows down.. so don't say a server *needs* that much.. because that would be bs....

Now for the one I want to laugh at..... did you really think that claiming you had several USB powered devices would confuse me or make me actually believe you???... I've seen a full home computer run on a 147W Mini PS.... so even if we assume your comp uses 200W that leaves you with 350W for USB Devices... now the USB Bus will support 127 devices... most low power usb devices draw 100mA.... the highest a USB powered device can draw is 500mA of current.. Pin 1 on USB is the Power Pin.. and it supplies +5V. So. if we assume that every device draws half an amp (highest amount of current ever required).. we get 5V * 500mA which gives us 2.5W... how if we assume you use the full amount of devices that your USB Bus supports... we would get a total power of 317.5W (127 X 2.5W).. You had 350 left over... 317.5 is definately less than 350.... which means your computer (every device) would have to be drawing it's max, + you would have to be running all 127 USB Devices at full power... and you still wouldn't max out your power supply.. So don't tell me your 550W PS is necessary.. It isn't.. not in the least..

As for the video... You don't need a Nvidia Gforce 4 TI 4200 128MB DDR ram with DVI and TV out for Quake Doom and Unreal
    1.But it makes me feel powerful....

Fast processor/Ram because you run a server..... as I stated before.. my system is a server.. I mentioned the specs already... and I've got POP3/SMTP running (host email services for 4 websites).. httpd, ftpd, telnetd, WinVNC, mysqld and my system never even slows down.. so don't say a server *needs* that much.. because that would be bs....
    2.But it would run faster... But yeah you wouldn't need all of that speed.

As far as the power issue is concerned refer to answer number one as stated above
    =