Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: something for everyone :)

Why be so hard on a guy that spent that much time formatting an ample list of valuable links. If you want to use Google, go ahead but don't post complaints about his work. It's really no big deal, but it seems kind of rude. Nice list

AO Part Timer
    Anybody can create a list of links.
    Want me to do it?
    Would you give me lots of AP for it too?
    If that's the case, greenies here I come.
    Give me a break.
    I agree with alittlebitnumb.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

Anybody can create a list of links.
    Want me to do it?
    Would you give me lots of AP for it too?
    If that's the case, greenies here I come.
    Give me a break.
    I agree with alittlebitnumb.
    It's not about the points, but whatever, it isn't worth arguing about either.

you also get 1,380,000 hits .... which ones are the best
    The first few pages will probably yield what you need most. If not, try the Advanced search feature... it's great

It's not about the points
    Well said. It's just an opinion.

If you want to post a bunch of links.. go right ahead.. you can post whatever you want.. this is an open forum.... but at least title it properly (A Bunch of Links and Nothing Else)

My opinion tho is that posting a bunch of links on their own is useless.... You've given me a very basic description, but nothing else.... I could easily search google, with more detail and get something much closer to what I'm looking for. A detailed review of a link and that single link if the site is useful is definately a worthwhile post.... but a bunch of links on their own. we might as well just all post our favourites folders.....

Great post MemorY! Thanks. While I do understand the importance of Google, I really appreciate it when someone takes the time to list USEFUL links, as opposed to sifting through the million hits on Google. It's good to know that a knowledgeable user has perused the sites, and chosen some of actual value. Some of the web design links were new to me, and very useful.

Peace

Corn

Banned
    i think i saw the positive and negative sides of my thread .... from now on use google ... last links thread ....

Thanks for the links.
    They were useful.

Keep up the good work,
    and as always;
    Thats my two cents worth so...
    Cheerio.
    iRoute.net
    PacketStorm

I dont see where mem was telling us not to use google, maybe they were just proud of the hard work they did on the lists. I'm sure there is a place for this thread of links and even though I wont be using it doesn't mean 100's of others wont benefit from their hard work. Nice work mem, you know if everyone had liked the idea, it would have been done a long time ago, haha.
    [shadow]Who cares if it works, I just want to know WHY![/shadow]

well even though it seems like a lot of people don't appreciate your posting a bunch of links, I just want you to know that I benefit from it because I don't always know what I'm looking for or what I need to be looking for when I'm trying to learn more about computers, so thanks