Website through router

Thread: Website through router

Website through router

I created a website and I want to serve it from my own computer, but the problem is: I have a WDSL connection so the IP-adress that is assigned to me is assigned to my router. So does anybody know how to serve a website through a router, if it's possible.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

Simply enough. You should be able to connect to your router using the internal ip address. It will have a configuration option for port forwarding, use port forwarding to forward all incoming port 80 requests to your computer. Another option, the one I went with, was to turn the router into a somewhat of a switch, no ip address on the router, it will simply forward everything from the net to your computer. This way, you can use the static ip address of the router for your computer's nic.

Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on