Thread: driver backups

driver backups

ok as some of you may have noticed from some of my recent posts i had some serious windows probs and ended up having to reinstall - this meant getting all the drivers again for my different bits of hardware....most where not that hard to find but some of the onboard elements (bits that came with pc) were a bitch to find and i had to wait for them all to download which really slowed p the reinstall process.....

what i was wondering is does anyone know of a proggie that saves all your drivers as an exe that can be burnt on to cd so if it ever happens again i just run the one exe and all drivers are put back in place?? i think i read about a proggie like that but i can't remember what its called

any ideas?

v_Ln

Hey Hey.. I ran a quick seach on download.com and came up with a few that may do the trick for ya....

Available Here

From the developer: "WinDriver Exper provides you the easy and fast detection, backup and restore of the entire hardware device drivers currently on your system. With it, you can even find the latest drivers for your hardware and install them onto your computer. Just one or two mouse button clicks, you will have all your hardware devices extracted and backuped to any folder you want. Also a INF device script installer is included. When you reinstall or upgrade your system, you can restore all the drivers backuped by clicking a button, after reboot once, all the drivers will be installed and will function well. If you have a hardware that is troublesome, just Remove it with the software."
    Available here

From the developer: "WinDriver Ghost provides fast detection, backup and restore of the entire hardware device drivers currently on your system. With it, you can even find the latest drivers for your hardware and install them onto your computer. Just one or two mouse button clicks, you will have all your hardware devices extracted and backuped to any folder you want. When you reinstall or upgrade your system, you can restore them by clicking a button, after reboot once, all the drivers will be installed and will function well. Also you may choose to backup a certain driver or the entire drivers to an EXE automatic installer. If you have a hardware that is troublesome, just remove it with the software. It is especially useful to those who have lost his Driver Disk or Driver CD. WinDriver Ghost is able to clone the installation EXE package."
    Here is the Enterprise Edition of WinDriver Ghost which supports network backup and restore

Available here

From the developer: "WinDriversBackup Professional Edition is designed specifically for backing up your Windows system driver files. Using WinDriversBackup you can easily save all of your Windows driver files in two mouse clicks. WinDriversBackup will identify all your driver files and save them to a single, secure location. Includes print of current or saved driver details, a driver manager to track your backed up drivers and a compare feature to flush out older driver files. Backing up your Windows driver files means they will be available to you the next time you need to reinstall the driver or the whole operating system.
    "WinDriversBackup Professional Edition places the driver files in one organized location of your choosing. WinDriversBackup Professional Edition is especially helpful in situations where you have a computer in your possession and its internal hardware is unknown. WinDriversBackup Professional Edition can identify the hardware on the system and the associated drivers--then back them up to a specified location. WinDriversBackup Professional Edition is even network compatible--you can just as easily connect to a remote computer on your network and backup driver files."
    Hopefully these are something along the lines of what you are looking for and will be of some assistance.

Peace
    HT