NTLDR Is Missing

Thread: NTLDR Is Missing

Exclamation NTLDR Is Missing

I newed to ask for help on fixing this error. Please. I am running windows XP Pro with SP-1
    I restarted my puter and all of a sudden this error came up and Microsoft web site said that I need to call them to get something called Bcupdate2 utility, does anybody know where I can get this without haaving to go through the evil Microsoft . Please Somebody Help ME!

Heres a link that may help you. It is from the Microsoft Support website, but I think it will be your best bet.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;315233

I did a google search on the Bcupdate2 file but came up with nothing. According to the Microsoft website you have to contact them to get the program.

Heres what I found on NTLDR

Short for NT Loader, a program loaded from the hard drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows NT startup menu and helps Windows NT load.

Often a user will see the message "NTLDR is Missing" after attempting to install Windows 2000 or Windows XP, or upgrade a Windows 95-based or Windows 98-based computer to Windows 2000 or Windows XP. The message appears after the first reboot. This occurs only if Windows 95 or 98 has been installed on a drive with the FAT32 file system.

To correct the problem, the user must boot the computer with a Windows 95 or 98 Startup diskette or another bootable diskette with sys.com on it. Then, at the "A:\>" prompt, type "sys c:" and press "enter." A "System Transferred" prompt should appear and then the user must reboot the computer without the diskette.
    Taken from here
    =

Re: NTLDR Is Missing

Originally posted here by firekicker
    I newed to ask for help on fixing this error. Please. I am running windows XP Pro with SP-1
    I restarted my puter and all of a sudden this error came up and Microsoft web site said that I need to call them to get something called Bcupdate2 utility, does anybody know where I can get this without haaving to go through the evil Microsoft . Please Somebody Help ME!

Had you just installed SP1 when you re-started or had you been running it that way for awhile? Do you have another OS on your computer, and if so, which one? Are you sure you have that update spelled right? I searched on Google and got absolutely nothing for it.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

No I just did a clean install of Win XP Pro SP-1 a couple of days ago and was just installing the rest of my programs back on my puter and I ran disk defrag and restarted it and then that error "NTLDR is missing" ,this comes up on the boot up screen doesn't even let it boot to windows. Microsoft's web site said that I had to connect them to get that Bcupdate2 utility
    from them. I hope I don't have to connect evil Microsoft. Thanks

forgot to put that I am only running Win XP Pro and nothing else.

Evil Microsoft

Whts with the Evil microsfot when you using one of there operating systems ? if you dont like them then why use them ? are you just following suit cos alot of people berate them ? before yousay i am not biased i enjoy *nix as much as MS, at the end of the day if it does what you need then it works ?

As for ntldr missing then when you have a clean install copy it to floppy or something and if the problem happens again you have a backup to place back onto the system partition. The message normally appears when partitions have been moved or changes since install.

live well and love life
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

When NTLDR is missing, you're not going to be able to boot into Windows, ever. If you don't want to connect to "evil" Microsoft (and my guess would be he's using a "borrowed" copy of XP) then it seems like your best bet is going to be to re-install the OS. It may be that one of the other programs you loaded is what caused the problem, but since you can't get into Windows to uninstall them....you don't really have the option of uninstalling them to see what happens. I'd say start over again w/ a clean install.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I got it fixed with the link that cheyenne1212 gave. Thanks for everybody elses input.
    I went in and did a fixmbr and it took it away hop that I don't get it again. keep up the good work people. THANKS!!!