Thread: profile pic extension

profile pic extension

nothing major but i just updated the pic on my profile and it wasn't until i had already started to upload it that i saw that the only extension accepted was .jpg but my pic is animated so is .gif but it still accepted it and plays the animation - see my profile for proof - but for some reason the animation goes thro its cycle a few times and then stops??

v_Ln

Yeah, i noticed the same thing, it will indeed allow you to use .gif's. I dont know what your seeing valhallen, but i have been watching that animation for more than 2 minutes and the frames never stopped. It seems as though it's working now if it wasnt earlier.

BTW that is one of the funniest things ive ever seen.

unless its just been fixed, when i go to upload a new pic to my profile i get to choose all files, gif or jpg or htm and html file ! or are you not on about that bit ? anyway your gif views fine so no problems with that !
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

geepod the fact you can upload all file types is prob
    according to the notice

The only type of file that you can upload is jpg.
    but it appears that it aint quite true....

v_Ln

well just tested to see what it would let me upload - can't upload html like you said geepod(!?)
    also .swf can't be uploaded whichy is good cause would leave it a lil open to abuse thro actionscript commands

Code:
    getURL("goatse.cx", "_blank");
    very simple example but with that playing in a loop could be very annoying