A testament to patience

Thread: A testament to patience

A testament to patience

A few days back i was perusing the bsd forums and ran into a question by a very demanding and strange person .Someone at the forum linked to his other posts at another forum, so out of curiosity i checked them out (the guy is now banned from the forum). After seeing this fellows incredibly persistant and unforgiving postings, i decided wtf and googled his name and found this thread. http://miataru.computing.net/linux/w...rum/20455.html
    The thread has 170+ postings, mainly a fellow named Jon trying to help this guy set up Redhat . It is the incredibly patient against the incredibly impatient. This man named Jon is a credit to *nix users and humanity in general . What he will go through to help a complete stranger is amazing !
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Wow... that guy had absolutely no clue WTF he was doing...

My repsonse after the 10th post...
    "Go to your local book store and buy a book on linux. The Red Hat Bible will work wonders for noobies."

I have tried to help people like this... people who don't want to learn for themselves.. but what to know everything.

My response to people like that... RTFM.

Thats how I had to learn...

Kinda makes you feel bad for people like that... their intentions are good... they just don't have a clue.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    I am trying to think of something remotely intelligent by way of comment to that lot, but instead , would'nt you just love to find out where the guy lived, and go round and shove his modem up his ass, as that is obviously where he is communicating from
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Man I would have taken the first flight to that guy, and slapped him with a hardboard UNIX/Linux manual.

LOL, no serious , I would have backed out too....
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Nah use my fav tool for servicing the unserviceable.. also used to great effect in HL and CS matches.. The CROWBAR

two lovly smushy noises from the back of the head.. problem eliminated.... ahhhhh Solved..

Mind the guy trying to help him.. I'd give him all my AP's. he aught to be Sainted

"Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Vermont, USA
    If he was local, I'd tell him to bring the box and a keg over.

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot