well friends ....... i have installed SQUID (Squid/2.4.STABLE6) and access net through this proxy server.......and i am unable to access hotmail.com through this proxy other sites work very fine...
in hotmail..i get the login page ...but after keying in my username and password and pressing sign in .... it just shows me a blank page and nothing happens after sometime the error page appears which states
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/sbox?

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed

The system returned:

(110) Connection timed out

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have previously installed squid on same OS ( RH 7.3) version and same squid version...but these doesnt seem to help....
i have also tried to copy the fine working squid's squid.conf to this new server...but it doesnt seem to help...
the only diff b/w both the installations is that the fine working squid has SquidGuard also installed....

anybody with any clue,,,,