Thread: Fizzer worm

Post Fizzer worm

new internet worm is reported to be itw.when executed , it will first attempt to decrypt and uncompress . it avoids running multiple instances of itself by creating a mutex called "sprakyprogram" already exists in the system . it drop in the window directory spreading it self in file sharing and e-mail it also has a backdoor that accept commands form remote locations and gives that person full access to your computer.

if you need more infor on the worm e-mail me

Wrong forum dude. This is for bugs on the site. Not viri/worms/trojans.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    **Thread moved from Oops! to Antivirus Discussions**
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Why not just post a link to more information? Why should I email you?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I was going to ask the same thing. Instead of wasting time with e-mailing for info I went to the almighty Google:

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-1001062.html

Oh GOd this is the worst virus ever!!!!

Isn't this one of the million canned virus hoxes we see every month???

Popeye, this has several characteristics that are consistance with mass email hoaxes that attempt to get/or verify your email address. Some even carry virus payloads themselves. I assume you got this in an email message from a friend. What was the original email header?

Fizzer has been around for a while and was down graded to medium in May by McAfee. I forgot to post that in my last mesage but the wording in the content and the person asking for an email address is suspicious of hoaxes.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.