You've been predicting it...

Thread: You've been predicting it...

You've been predicting it...

You knew it was going to happen. The next big thing.

BOSTON — More than 100 lawyers and consumer advocates yesterday pledged a broad series of lawsuits against fast-food chains, food manufacturers and even school boards that sell high-calorie soft drinks without offering healthier choices.
    http://www.washtimes.com/business/20...1557-8820r.htm

The bastards will stop at absolutely nothing to make a fast buck.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

What a patheitc way of misusing our legal system. Personally people like this should be hung up high and beaten repeatedly with a blunt object. (preferably their own apendage, wouldn't want to waste valuable resources.)
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I think the justice system has become corrupted in many ways.

I was reading a story about a guy who broke into a house and had grabbed about everything he needed. Once he made it into the garage, he found out that the garage door was broke, and the door into the house was now locked. The guy was forced to eat dogfood for a week so he didn't starve to death, while the family was still on vacation. When the family got back they found the man in their garage. They didn't press charges on him they just let him go.

You may be lauging right now, but about a month later the man filed a lawsuit against the family for having nothing in there for him to eat and no way out. The sad thing is that the criminal was awarded $150,000.
    =

Blast From the Past
    thats messed up but really REALLY funny man but i bet in a normal fair country like brittan the judje would have said " well u dumb f*** you shouldnt hav robbed the poor bloke's house in the first place" no pun intended to anyone
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

The far cheaper and less time-consuming way of avoiding obesity is not eating so much shitty food. However this requires self-discipline, which seems to be in short supply. Oh well, sue those bastards who make the food, that way I won't ever have to develop any control over my eating habits. I sure do love having someone else do all the work.

http://atkinscenter.com/

Just to play devils addictive a bit. Lets look at some things we know sugar and caffeine are physically and psychologically addictive.

Lets look at fast food first. Certain foods and drinks naturally contain a low amount of sugar, most notably french fries, McDonalds added sugar to the fry batter to make them sell better. Now if this is a taste thing as they claim then no fault (besides not telling anyone they added sugar and calories to their fries.), but if they knew of the addictive qualities of sugar (it was suspected as far back as the 1940's) then it could be argued that they knowingly addicted people to their food and are therefore liable for the insuring obesity.

Ok that is a stretch, Soda is easier, lets look at coke. Root beer is naturally caffeine free, coke had a low selling line of rootbeer called Barqs, to drive up sales the spiked it with caffeine knowing full well that caffeine was as addictive as cocaine. These generated users for their product that wouldn't drink any other root beer, also causing them to crave soda which led to obesity.

Oh and cheyenne1212 check snops the man breaking in and suing the family is an urban legend.

Are legal system is messed up but its nowhere near as bad as the media wants us to believe (or it seems people are willing to believe)

Hey lets look back at the McDonalds coffee case that is always brought up. In that one you had a company that in order to save money (they didn't want to brew more coffee when the old pot got old) kept their coffee at dangerously hot levels (third degree burn level right at boiling point and far hotter then needed to make coffee). Now they did cost studies on this and found that it would be cheaper to do serve dangerously hot coffee and settle the occasional law suit pre court then to serve fresh coffee at a reasonable temp. The lady who sued was trying to protect others as she was the third person burned like this, the first two took the settlement she sued, not for the money but to expose McDonalds dangerous practices.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

The Recidivist
    self what?
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Lets look at fast food first. Certain foods and drinks naturally contain a low amount of sugar, most notably french fries, McDonalds added sugar to the fry batter to make them sell better.
    I didn't know that they added sugar to the batter. That is a complete trip, but if you say that sugar is addictive, well then, so are starches which potato is rich in. They both can increase dopamine levels.

Root beer is naturally caffeine free, coke had a low selling line of rootbeer called Barqs, to drive up sales the spiked it with caffeine knowing full well that caffeine was as addictive as cocaine.
    Caffeine is in no way as addictive as cocaine. Yeah you get a rush, or boost of energy from both, but the boost from cocaine is far greater and no caffeine I ever ingested had that kewl numbing effect. I like Barq's, I like caffeine, and I'm glad they put it in there.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I just figure this is ridiculous. If you want to buy healthier drinks go where they sell healthier drinks, the same goes for food. You can't expect everywhere to sell all combinations of food or drink. That's why there's chinnese, mexican, etc. You wouldn't expect to get mexican at a chinnese restaurant and vise versa.

So why are they filling lawsuits against fast food chains and others. Fast food is by name unhealty so u should already know what you are getting yourself into. I just think that these days they are just looking for more ways to make a fast buck.

Just my $0.02...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty