Thread: group permissions

Thumbs up group permissions

Friends,how can i deny a member of my group write permissions on a file we're sharing,without affecting the rest of the group members?Ant alternative suggestios are welcome.Thanks

need more info

can you give a little more info, like wht type of file, what os, stuff like that would help in giving you a good answer.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

It's a gas!
    Only thing i can think of is to create a new group excluding this member or remove this member from the group.

Theres no way to change the write permissions on the file without affecting the other group members.

Maybe someone else can offer a better suggestion?

Depending on the OS, you could create an ACL and place it on the file; however, I wouldn't recommend doing that. I would recommend addressing whatever issue you have with this one person...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

just remove him from the group or place him in a restricted group. If have a problem with
    a user address the user. Before doing the above, What OS RU talking about more info would
    help

Well , You could place him in a restricted shell . But the thing you can do , like everyone said is to exclude him from this group.
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."