SonicWall Soho Firewall
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SonicWall Soho Firewall

SonicWall Soho Firewall

I have an old Sonicwall Soho firewall and cannot find any documentation to support it. I've been trying for days to access the configuration on the firewall but without success. I only have one box set up on it right now, NT SP6a, and I'm wondering if the default ip addresses for the soho3 are the same for previous models. The config ip is 192.168.168.168 but it's not working for me. I've tried directly connecting the box to the firewall with a crossover cable in addition to hooking it up through a hub. I got desperate and ran an ip scanner to see if it would pick up on the firewall but no luck there. I've also tried to reset the firewall but that didn't help. I have new firmware downloaded but there's no way to install it unless I have access to the config file. If anyone has experience with these please help, I've run out of ideas.

Thanks.

Serial Port

Is there a console or serial port you can connect to? You would have to know a little about connecting to serial devices but most vendors offer some kind of console management port that is not part of the ethernetwork.

Also how are you trying to connect?
    Telnet? Html?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Does it have a serial management port on the back? If so, first establish a connection using Hyperterminal or the like. Edit the configs then connect via an ethernet port and then upload the firmware via TFTP. Typically, you'll need to have a serial management session along with a ethernet connection to update SonicWall appliances.

Anyway, that's all I can suggest w/o a specific model #

**NOTE***
    I must have posted at around the same time as the post above mine. I have to start typing faster!!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

There's no serial port on the back of the firewall so I can't connect that way.
    I'm trying to connect to the firewall through HTTP.

www.sonicwall.com

From Site:

For Serial:

To connect any PC with a serial port to a SonicWALL firewall, you must do the following.
    Use a standard 9 pin serial cable to connect the SonicWALL firewall's serial port to any available port on the PC.
    On the PC, launch a terminal emulator application. Windows HyperTerminal will work fine. Set the emulator to the following connection parameters:
    Connect using= (the PC COM port the serial cable is connected to)
    Bits per second = 9600
    Data bits = 8
    Parity = none
    Stop bits = 1
    Flow control = none.
    Once these parameters are set and the connection is made, you should be able to bring up a prompt in the emulator by pressing the return key. Depending on the version of firmware being used you may be asked to supply the admin username and password for the firewall.

If this doesn't help here is their documentation page

http://www.sonicwall.com/support/son...mentation.html

Have fun, firewalls can cause you a migrain.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

I've had a problem like that while trying to acces the configuration page of my router, with me the problem was that my computer first tried to connect through a proxyserver -> maybe that's your problem, if so just disable the use of a proxyserver in your browser.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Can you give us the model you are working with? Without that, we can sit here and guess all day.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Model Number

To understand your exact box, what is the model.serial?
    West of House

I have nothing but the firewall itself and there's no model number on it. The serial number is: 0040100c12fa. I've registered it through mysonicwall.com and this is all it says under the product info:
    Product: DMZ
    Platform: MOTOROLA
    Firmware: 5.1.7.0

I see your problem

No model? It just says what? SonicWall Soho? Hmmm is there and FCC ID anywhere?

If it's a model no longer supported it may not be safe to use, meaning it has some vulnerability?
    West of House