Thread: Any current/future lawyers around here?

Any current/future lawyers around here?

Internet law seems to be a growing area that is going to affect everyone alike. I was wondering if there are any IT/security/etc. type people here who are also studying law? If so, what's the experience been like? I'm just curious. I graduated with a comp sci degree and have been doing everything from tech support to web development to systems admin work, and now i've been thinking about getting into law. Just curious as to other peoples thoughts on the subject.
    -Hadoob024-

Interesting question , being a IT person and a lawyer might be a bad idea though ,wouldn't it make you a geek who everyone hates? But seriously , as a career it probably would be very wise if that is what you love to do. I could see the mix of those skills being very valuable in the future and well ,probably the present.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

that's what i'm hoping. that's why i'm trying to find some people that have taken that career path. you know, just to get an idea of what it's like and stuff. we'll see though. doesn't seem to be too many people around here that have done it.
    -Hadoob024-

I was pre-law for a week, does that count? :P

I was pre-law for a week, does that count? :P

hehehe... at this point, probably. no one else seems to have any info on the subject.
    -Hadoob024-

The Recidivist
    Hadoob024, I have also been tossing around several different career paths in the last couple of months. One of the areas I was interested in was Law specializing in Intellectual Property. I spoke with my guidance counsler (I am @ the University of Florida (GO GATORS!!)) and found that the best ppl in that field now have seemed to follow this career path; double major in Political Sciences and computer sciences and then on to law school and then specializing in the speciality. The total schooling for this choice was placed @ 7-11 years depending how hard you want to work and how far you want to take it. You can also get your BA in Micro Biology then on to Med school fo 4 years, 2 years residency, 1 year speciality (11 years total) and the work for a couple years then open your own practice as a Plastic Surgeon and make from anywhere from half a million to retirment at the age of 35 making close to10 million a year. Really look and explore all the possibilites and make sure that is what you want to do. Hope this helps.

btw Didn't spell check this so deal with it. Thnx!

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

i briefly considered medschool. my fiancee just finished up her 3rd year, and i honestly don't think i can do that. besides the work itself, you have to suck in your pride. med students get treated like absolute ****. i think i'm liable to talk back to whoever the doctor is... i'm not a fan of taking **** from anyone, and then especially letting them get away with it... but my fiancee said that you just have to take it, cuz if you say anything that's like suicide.

so that's how i arrived at law (kinda like process of elimination). i actually picked up a book titled, "so you want to be a lawyer". it's by the law school admissions council. it's pretty good, saying stuff like a lot of people who end up being good at law, had no prior thought about wanting to be a lawyer. i'd recommend this book if you're still thinking about it.
    -Hadoob024-