Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 red dots WTF!

8 red dots WTF!

Hey,

I saw this thread that got me SO puzzled. This guy has 8 reds, I thought you get banned when you had -300 (3 red dots.)

Check it out http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=135162

How?? Bug??

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Thats weird.

never seen that before. has to be some kind of bug.
    =

I think it has to do that before (quit some time ago) when you got banned the ban did not kick in untill you logged in again.
    At some point JP created the 'instant ban' feature. You can find the information about in the 'new features forum I believe.
    Anyway. It was a funny link.
    8 red dots.

Buenos Dias
    noODle

I think Noodle is on the right track. However, I didn't seen any other instances to prove the fact. Just by seeing it was back from '91 I would have to assume.

Thats pretty damn impressive.................I can't believe how quick he makes friends.

The auto banning when you got to a certain amount of reds was a feature brought in after the antipoint system was introduced. There are a few old members who got several red dots before being banned by JP.

[edit]
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=229678
    [/edit]

Well, it was a waste of 20 minutes of my time while I read the entire thread. But on the positive side....... now I know what a true honest to god moronic flame war is. I say keep it around for another few years as a tut. on what NOT to get yourself involved in. (ha ha)
    [shadow]Who cares if it works, I just want to know WHY![/shadow]

Thankyou powertoad5000 for the link. You have got me un-puzzled. I was kinda thinking that (because i was an old thread) that the AP system was just getting started.

Cya
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Good job powertoad5000. d00dz Attackin. . . . you have stumbled upon a very well known member. He had the accounts Chemical, Oblio, Hehbris, Debris, and many other screen names I cannot remember. He was a thorn in the side of AO. Thank God he is gone. Another "infamous" AO member was Seb-G. I believe that was his nick. There are some really great posts from back then. Everyone should spend some time researching old posts. Great info. . . and some great times. Trust me. Enjoy guys.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

What I will find funny is if he is a well knowin member on AO. If he is it's good that he changed. If not its good he left. Thankyou d00d (RogueSpy) for the names. I will check out some of the old posts.

Cya
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD