Thread: IP Addresses

IP Addresses

Hello everyone,
    I am a total "newbie" to this and am interested in learning how to get either my own or other people's IP addresses over AIM or e-mail and whatnot. Are there programs out there that can help me do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    -Leppor

Banned
    why do you need someones IP ..... if yo read the AntiOnline FAQ ... we dont help to steal IP addresses, how to use trojans, hack someones e-mail account or eny other Evil Hack ....

we are a security community

command prompt > netstat -an
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Banned
    if you want to know your IP address go to www.whatismyip.com or go to command prompt ( MS-DOS ) and type in ipconfig ....or type in ipconfig /? for more help...

You can get your own ip address easily, if running Windows Start>Run and type in either winipcfg or ipconfig (For xp I believe) Then choose your adaptor from the drop down and you will see your ip address.

Again in windows, get the dos prompt, and enter this command

netstat -n

The n tells it not to look up host names and just display the ip's, if you have any open conections you will see your ip under localaddress

As for geting someone elses ip, well thats prity easy too but im not gona tell you.

Yes it's interesting that you are a "total" newbie but wanting to get IP addresses. If you're a newbie, then how do you even know what an IP address is or what would the use be if you had yours or anyone else's? Plus why over AIM? Maybe if you could answers those questions we would just laugh at you rather than negging the hell out of you... but I doubt that anyway *falls on the floor laughing*

~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Maybe if you could answers those questions we would just laugh at you rather than negging the hell out of you... but I doubt that anyway *falls on the floor laughing*
    AciDriveHB did you hurt yourself when you fell? Just curious...

On a serious note. Leppor did you read anything about AO before you submitted that question, or did you just phrased it wrongly?

Like journy101 said someone elses ip is easily obtained and just to add, that info is easily gathered too but u just won't get it here...

Becareful with whatever it is you are attempting, because making the wrong turn can get you in a hold lot of trouble...

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty