Thread: LOL : Cisco's New Advert

LOL : Cisco's New Advert

I have just seen Ciscos new self protecting network advert.

The team they have hired to play the "Hackers" look more like daytrippers from a special needs clinic than my stereotype L33T Haxor.

It was also nice to see them staring at flatscreens running the Matrix code and looking puzzled.

You would think that after the success of the matrix and x-men 2 had with showing actual command line interfaces that Cisco may have clocked this and followed suite.

Also good to see that when they switch views to the IT department all the IT manager types have biro pens clipped in pockets and are wearing glasses.

NICE ONE CISCO. LOL

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    We must remember that the Trolls in Marketing don't have a real grip on what goes on in reality.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

You have to realize that the small group of people who can look at the screen and tell if it is real content or not are not the people that they are going after with this kind of marketing. I think the matrix scrolling text on the screens is actually kind of funny. It is something everybody can relate to even if they know nothing about computers.

Ja

They are going after the CEOs and CIOs and CTO that most likely have no real techy background. Not to say there aren't some really smart and awsome CxOs out there. I have met some really technical one's and some that are duped by every fast talking consultant out there. You know the one's, they guys who scream doom and gloom about how "easy" it is to get into the network, but when you look them in the eye and say "Show me" the come up with excuses or give you a blank look. Try it some time it's funny. Turn you laptop around and say "Show me big boy!"
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

LOL

It would be great if you turned round you laptop said show me and they whiped out nmap and actually found some exploit.

I might actually buy there product if they impressed me.

If the marketers got you to discuss their commercial then I say they did their job, didn't they?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    If the marketers got you to discuss their commercial then I say they did their job, didn't they?

I have to agree with KorpDeath, publicity is always good for buissines it doesn't matter if it's good or bad. Some people would even buy products to see if what the manufacturer claims is true or not (not because they really nead it).

Never saw the ad...

But I want too now thanks to you all
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Advert 2

Another Cisco advert I have just seen is advertising the new wireless network.

It shows a doctor dosing about a hospital with a Palm pilot.

I always thought that hospitals advised you to turn off all mobile telecoms equipment and radio devices. LMAO at ciscos expense.

I wonder where they recruited there marketing trolls from.

they should have copied the other clip of trinity using nmap to break and i believe phpnuke to break into the system