missing DOS executables

Thread: missing DOS executables

Question missing DOS executables

Hey all:

I've been looking at a couple of thread responses, some of which contain references to DOS executables, mainly, ipconfig and netscan.
    I had heard of these before, and, even though I can execute them on the command prompt,I can't find their location.
    This computer is running W2k, and I was wondering, where in the drive are all these DOS commands, like ping and ipconfig? (I can't find ping either)
    It's not like I use these commands alot, but I'm just curious about what other .exe apps the command prompt has available that I don't know about (I think there are quite a few)

\"I ONLY DRINK THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES....and maybe a strawberry yoohoo....and a...Pina Co-la-da!...
    If you like pina coladas....ugh!, gettin\' caught in the rain....ugh!\"

Just Another Geek
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Most of this stuff is in C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 (default install).

If you want to know where something is why not do Start -> Find -> Files and Folders and type (a part of) the filename and let windows do the searching for you.

Edit: You can also take a look at the PATH and check all those directories. If you can run it directly from the commandline (and not cd'ing to a particular directory), you'll find everything if you follow PATH (windows does the same).
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

cd \
     dir *netstat* /s
     dir *ping* /s
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Start, Search, enter file name. (XP)
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

yeah, i thought he/she'd know about the search in windows, although depending on your folder options settings, you may find hidden/system files...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...