Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking training software

Hacking training software

[glowpurple]hello. i would like to know if their is any good, free, hacking training software out there that you can like download and, you know, practice with? thanks.[/glowpurple]

I think he means Trojans, compiled exploits etc. Mith07, don't look for those, download netcat, the hacker Swiss army knife: http://www.atstake.com/research/tool...ork_utilities/ and learn how to work with it. Read tutorials instead of looking for tools:
    search the antionline tutorial forum!
    www.lameindustries.info
    neworder.box.sk
    blacksun.box.sk
    happyhacker.org (good site to learn some basic stuff that you can amuse yourself with)

There are many more out there, google is the way to find them.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

http://www.hackerslab.org

Lets you practice by allowing you to deface web pages. Legally. couple members here do it and i know some got to like level 16.

I am currently reading Counter Hack by Ed Skoudis. It is a good read, in that it takes many of todays common exploits and explains them in detail followed by the appropriate defense. He also has, though it wasn't there when I went to Borders (sob) a lecture series. (3) Which basically walks you through setting up your lab, performing the exploits and their appropriate defense. He believes as many do that only with a complete understanding of your opponents tools can you ever hope to keep them at bay. I do this for a living (like most of us do) and I don't really feel comfortable giving advice based completely on others research. I want to see for my self just how viable some of these exploits are. I guess I am fortunate enough to have the extra machines (not the extra time) to play with some of this stuff. Keep learning, but keep it legal too.

For web application security try web goat, you can find it at www.owasp.org

SittingDuck
    I\'m a SittingDuck, but the question is \"Is your web app a Sitting Duck?\"

Wait does he mean practice protecting a PC or practice atacking a PC?

XxMeMorYxX You are repeating AciDriveHB's question lol

Mith07, i recommend that you install any OS with out updates or anykind of patches, such as Any Win NT version, XP, 98, ME(any Windows) even any *nix.

then search for exploits and try them in "YOUR COMPUTER" and try to find a way to fix them

So you guys know, you can always install something like vmware (it's free first 30 days) and use it to create a virtual computer for you to attack and secure. This is a great thing for those that only have one computer and want the experience of working with networked computers, instead of just the local machine.

--PuRe www.pureescape.net
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

ok. thanks for all the help, but i was looking for a download where, yeah like PuReExcTacy said, you create a virtual cpu within yours and you can set up security measures and then try to break in to see if its strong enough. also, a game like thing would be nice to. I just read about virtual pc programs in the latest issue of PC mag. btw, im a teen and have a limited budget, and am using my parents pc, so i cant do half the stuff i would like. thanks again.