Tux Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tux Games

Smile Tux Racer

Ok my goal is to make a fun thread about a game called Tux Racer. Its fun and doesnt need much learning. So anyway. TO get the thread going.

Do you play this game? if you want to but ont have it you can download it here:

http://www.tuxracer.com/

Anyway. What is the fastest youv gotten Tux to go? I had him at 200 but Im going to try again after i finish this thread and then ill reply if i beat that record. so what are your Tux records? how fast have you gotten Tux to go?

Banned
    Hehe, that is a great game. I used to play it a bit, and haven't gotten version 1.0 yet (cuz I don't have any money and don't want to cheat the people out, because eventually I will end up buying it), but when I did play it, my high was around 150 or so. I wasn't all that good, obviously, but it is a fun game.

GreekGoddess
    I just downloaded the demo. What a cute game, although I suck at it. I think I am going to buy it.

And for the record...I got him up to 89. :/ I'll be back in a few days with something better, I hope.

Hahaha I love that game, I highest I got was 160 or something like that . Gore I will past your speed. Hehehe.

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Well, I got the game back to my liking now that I have SuSE 8.2 professional installed. I had to download a driver from Nvidia (just like with every other distro Iv used) and now that im using 8.2 I got to use the new .run file from Nvidia which wa kinda neat.

It changed my kernel around to support the 3D FX you could use in Windows or other machines. I thought that was nice. One thing you have to do when installing this is switch to runlevel/init 3 (X not running) to install it but that was fine with me.

Now i have awesome Graphics. Some people said they even got more FPM in Unreal Tournament. Anyway, After I installed that i went to the configuration file for Tux Racer because i like it to be fll screen so I added the options i wanted and saved it and I just got done playing a few minutes ago.

I beat my old record. I was trying to steer Tux at 190 MPH and then i saw it hit 200 and i beat my record but Im not sure but how much because i was steering. I'll be trying again and post back.

Also for you playing.

Holding the up arrow key is good when you start off but after you see the little meter for your speed go to yello its a good idea to let go because after that it will actually slow you down. Now if you become air born, hit and hold up till you land and Tux will flap his wings, this is good for a speed increase.

Also you can hold the "e" key and let go after a bit to try and jump. Another tip: When you need to take a tight corner hold the down arrow key and youll slow doen but you can take tight turns.

I am also glad this thread is going exactly how I wanted it. So thanks for that. I'll reply with more as I get it done. Anyway, see ya all around. (except not in IRC anymore. If youd like to know why send a PM to shrekkie and ask him why I am no longer in IRC because I AM NOT typing all that **** out and ruining the posotive nature of my thread.)

I downloaded the Win32 Demo since I'm in windows right now and it was easier.. It crashed the first time I ran it, but after that it runs great.. seems to be a fun lil game. I'm almost tempted to buy it.. (When I said that.. my roommate laughed.. he hasn't purchased software since his first 486.. but I'll support cool games like that)... Anyways my top speed so far was 82.
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

I just broke my record. 210 is now my record speed.

w00t yeah I like tuxracer

my sister used to call it "BuikSchuiven" or something..

There are lots of "cheap" commercial games wich do well cross-platform..
    pontifex for example

I haven't played in a couple of weeks, but I have the disk somewhere and will post my score asap..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

HEHE beat my record again.

215 and my score was 11,153

Bastard... do you have the full version with longer courses or something?? by the time I get up to 88 (new record for me).. I end up running out of course and being at the finish line.
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".