new reading...

Thread: new reading...

new reading...

Im looking for a new book to start reading, i have read "the art of deception", "steal this computer book 2", "the hacker diaries:confessions of teenage ahckers". can anyone suggest some more books that are good,
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

Hacking exposed & Maximum security a hackers guide to protecting you're network you could google for the second one you will find it on line but you would have to buy hacking exposed
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work

Hey XTC46,

I'd personally like to recommend the book Counter Hack , by Ed Skoudis. This book does an incredible job by first explaining the different protocols that the internet uses and the different platforms out there (windows, *nix, etc..). Afterwords the book takes you through each phase of an attack...
    --How they gain access
    --How they maintain it
    --and how they cover up their tracks...

Durring these sections the book also provides excellent means on how to prevent yourself from succumbing to these attacks. Great read...

However, if your just getting into hacking that book may be a little over your head. In this case may I humbly recommend Cybershock, by Winn Schwartau. Personnaly, this was the first book that I read on the topic... (It was kinda like fate how I found it too, another story...) It introduces many of the topics, as well as presenting some personal stories that the author has had at DefCon or in general that keep the book entertaining. Another great read!

I read Mitnick's The Art Of Deception , it was an ok read if your looking for only ways hackers socially manipulate information out of people. It was a good read, I learned a lot, sometimes I think the guys over-rated heavilly though...

Oh well, hope this helps you on your search...
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Memphis, TN
    I'm currently reading a book called

Microsoft Windows Security: For Windows 2000 and XP

Also Hacking Exposed 4'th edition

And reading a book on TCP/IP

My recommendations in order are:

Counter Hack, Ed Skoudis
    Hacking Exposed
    Hacking Web Applications Exposed

There are alot of little subbooks to the Hacking Exposed line that are all pretty helpful, it just kind of depends on what you are looking for...

There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

A great book is Counter Hack!! Best book I have ever read.

First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat