Technology breeds crime

Thread: Technology breeds crime

Technology breeds crime

says Frank Abagnale Jr.
    check it here .....

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/siliconva...ty/6175257.htm
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

I think what he was saying there was that there are far to many ways to get into a companys networkk.

He talked about how users give away to much info over the phone, and admins fail to cancel accounts once a person leaves. Mainly its alot of social engineering.
    =

read his comment

"What I did in my youth is hundreds of times easier today,''
    and
    "I often ask myself, `Where the hell were these people when I needed them?'''
    so what u think now cheyenne1212 .. i suppose he was talking abt tech in general again see

"Abagnale also said businesses open themselves up for trouble by producing slick corporate brochures. Using today's high-resolution copiers and printers and illustration software, it's a snap to forge an executive's signature or to lift a university seal or company logo"
    can u recall he making logos of airline company in 'catch me if u can'
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

I see your point there.

Yes with everythin being made my computers now days it is a lot easier to forge signatures or make fraudulent copies of anything.
    =

Take it from Frank Abagnale Jr., the scheming boy wonder turned FBI instructor whose life of deception spawned a book and Steven Spielberg movie, ``Catch Me if You Can.''
    I don't know about this guy, but it sort of reminds me of the evangelical minister
    a few years ago who built up his prestige by claiming that he was an ex satanist high priest
    He spun a lurid tale of all the evil and ghoulish stuff he had done, back when he had
    been one of the bad guys. Eventually someone researched his background and discovered
    that he was just some dweeb with a good imagination and great story telling ability.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

well this guy is true one..he was offered job to check the fraud becoz they realized he was the best one to to it...becoz he knew all the ins and outs of the trade

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Some of the the methods that Mr Abagnale used have been shut down by tech as well. And as flaws in the systems are exposed hopefully they can be fixed.

Tech can be a good thing too.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot