2 33.33%
  • H4x0r would not know what to do with a dick

0 0%
  • H4x0r is cool

0 0%
  • H4x0r would not know what to do in any sexual situation

4 66.67%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Bush will get re-elected.

If the Democrats want any shot at getting some Conservative votes, they will have to go with Lieberman. Lieberman is one of the few Democrats that i actually like, and it's a shame that just because he's Jewish he more than likely will not be able to win.

Of course as much as i like Lieberman, i would never vote Democratic. It's like this for me, you can't just vote for a party on the fly like that, you have to look at the whole picture. If i vote Democratic, i would be supporting abortion, and i hate abortion, so i vote Republican because their bigger picture does'nt include things that i hate.

<slightly off topic>

I still can't fathom the fact that Carter carried all southern states except for Virgina.

Frame you are actually really correct, the Democrats are going to get someone in the spot light really son. But see I have a different view on it they should use the popularity of the Clintons to help them make whoever the Democratic party chooses. What I mean by this that if you are going to truely make agood bid at the Presidency your are going to have to get the same thing that Clinton had appeal people may of not liked Clinton but the loved his personality, this is were Gore came up short. Let's think about it Clinton had us and China about to sign a trade agreement off of shear personality alone. That is a bad man.
    <At the same time Gore was the first serious President canidate that did not when his home state and he came pretty damn close to becoming President. >

I think that if the Clinton's stepped out of the spot light there would be no one to take it so they might as well use the spot light and get a Democratic hopeful some popularity.

The Jewish thing is very true it falls in the line that there will be a long time before we see a Women, or Minority in the White House.

Oh well it will be interesting to see how the entire election will turn out.

Btw: The reason that I would guess that Carter didn;t win Virginia is because there is a very high influx of military personnel in Virginia and I don't really think that it was in there best wish's to vote for him if I remember from the books (i.e. I wasn't a live yet) Carter was not a very Pro-Militrary person no to sya that he hated the military but he didn't very well feel that we needed a militray the size of China's, Question why not if I am correct this is around the time of the Cold War was starting so wouldn't we need a strong militray in-case anything did happen.

Oh well live and learn as I will always way.

The Economy is the only way. That and that Bush is a war lover.
    Only platforms that the democrates have.

We shall see how they act, or what they do.

Whizkid2300

Originally posted here by whizkid2300
    Btw: The reason that I would guess that Carter didn;t win Virginia is because there is a very high influx of military personnel in Virginia and I don't really think that it was in there best wish's to vote for him if I remember from the books (i.e. I wasn't a live yet) Carter was not a very Pro-Militrary person no to sya that he hated the military but he didn't very well feel that we needed a militray the size of China's, Question why not if I am correct this is around the time of the Cold War was starting so wouldn't we need a strong militray in-case anything did happen.
    Whizkid2300
    You are correct on part of why carter lost Virginia, it was the military. He wanted to drop our military spending and cut back on the size of our forces. You are wrong on the cold war timing though, at this point the cold war was winding down somewhat naturally (we had improved relations with China and the USSR). Regan and his Hollywood buddies made sure to kick the cold war back into high gear with his rhetoric and pure propaganda movies (fortress USA, Red Dawn, Fire Fox ,ect. now these where good movies but pure propaganda). They did this to try and get the conservatives firmly back into power and it worked for 12 years.

So in the end, unless the democrats decide to do something to try to get the presidency back, it seems likely that bush will be re-elected. Which I hope he does.

Right now like everybody has been saying, the democrats problem is Hillary, and Clinton. If they can get them out of the spotlight then there might be a slim chance. But maybe they will stay in the spotlight.
    =

Who knows only Hilary and Bill know what they are going to do. I am still a firm supporter of them bringing somone else into the spotlight with them.

Whizkid2300

I think that if the Clinton's stepped out of the spot light there would be no one to take it so they might as well use the spot light and get a Democratic hopeful some popularity.
    Your right, the Clinton's can be helpful, but in a different capacity. If they really wanted to help their party, they would'nt wait too terribly much longer before they chose someone to rally behind. It's not really the Clintons fault, the candidates have really started early this go round, my guess is they know what their up against, seeing how Bush is so popular right now. However, as long as the focus is solely on them, and not on those running, their parties chance at retaking the WhiteHouse will grow more slim.

i think people are going to vote against bush unless there is some hasty economic recovery, however its hard to say till the democrats choose their canidate, remember tho, there is still alot of time left in which that can happen, i think its to early to tell
    what is love but contempt for hate?

think people are going to vote against bush unless there is some hasty economic recovery,
    I tend to disagree with you there indolent. I think that a lot of people will vote for bush because some see him as a strong, intelligent American President. I was watching the news last night, and they were interviewing some people about Bush. A lot of them said that they are glad that he is president because they don't believe "Gore" would of been strong enough to of handled the 9/11 attacks and the Iraq situation like Bush did.

So by all means I hope he is re-elected.
    =

I will agree to the fact that Gore would of handled 911 differently. I will say the entire War in Iraq would of gone down an entirely different way. I don't really hope that Bush gets re-elected. I am actually a republican but, I believe that Bush if he gets re-elected will launch us into another War. I do have question though Cheyenne where were they at when they interviewed those people that can be based on the place that they were in. There are a lot of places that you will get that general answer when you ask them about Bush. Now at the same time if they were going to take that to place. That was or is not a Republican strong hold and they get those same statemnetes then yeah. I will agree.

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212

I tend to disagree with you there indolent. I think that a lot of people will vote for bush because some see him as a strong, intelligent American President

So by all means I hope he is re-elected.

Some people may seem him as strong , but no one sees him as intelligent outside of the core republican supporters. T othe rest of us he comes accross as very dumb. If the dems where smart they would revive "its the econamy, stupid" it is more fitting here then it was in 94.