Is Networking a SCAM?

Thread: Is Networking a SCAM?

Is Networking a SCAM?

In a business management class I had taken last fall we had a guest speaker come in and talk about Networking. Non-Computer related of course. Networking is where a business uses other individuals funding to help new businesses and helping them to expand offering the saftey cushion of making a profit by having others invest. I got an e-mail the other day from Information@Anti-Ignorance.net and they work via PayPal. For $25.00 they will provide me with all the information and from there I get $10.00 for every referral and $5.00 for every sign on my referral gets. From there they all can make their money back in the same fashion as I did. (if I did this.) Is this all legal? What are your thoughts about it? Again, I first heard about it in a business management class and just received an e-mail regarding it. I would like some input into this topic.

There is a very clear line between business networking (truly works, use to get a lot of business through the local chamber of commerce and BBB when I freelanced as a computer repair company.) and a Pyramid schema. If they want money form you and promise that you can make that back fast and them some its a scam and probably illegal.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

So there is are different methods of networking...

If it sounds too good to be true......it probably is.l
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I don't know if networking is the right word for it.
    It sounds more like multi level marketing, which, IMO
    is only a shade shy of being a pyramid scheme.

Pyramids, of course, are illegal. Some other scams, while unethical,
    may not actually violate the law. My general rule of thumb is that
    you work for someone and he pays you

As soon as someone asks me for money, I shut him out.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Networking is where a business uses other individuals funding to help new businesses and helping them to expand offering the saftey cushion of making a profit by having others invest

That isn't the networking definition I know...
    [i]Source: Dictionary.com
    An extended group of people with similar interests or concerns who interact and remain in informal contact for mutual assistance or support.
    When I think networking (business networking) it has nothing to do with money. Networking is meeting people... Forming a network of people who you can use and rely on... Networking is a great way to meet people with similar interests, or to find a job.. We actually have meetings here (London, Ontario, Canada) once a month called InterNETwork London and it's a way for people in the London IT field to meet and build up their network of contacts.

I know this is off topic.. just wanted to throw in my feelings on that.. as for the pyramid that you talked about (which it most definately is).. stay the hell away from it.

Peace
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Pyamid schemes are very illegal and should be reported to:

uce@ftc.gov

im sorry i forgot to mention that you should foward the letter you received to this address as is and not write to inform them with a new letter.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”