Thread: cisco crws

cisco crws

I have been trying to get my cisco 806 broadband router to work properly for some time now.

Default IOS specs. which had the Default IP firewall

I can install it but when I disable mgt from the wan it still allows mgt from the web. (not good)

I have been using cisco router web setup just to get it configured and then I'd modify it via CLI on via console of telnet.

I thought since I had never upgraded the IOS, that I'd try that.

I have sucessfully upgraded from
    IOS c806-o3sy6-mz.122-4.YH.bin (Release 12.2(1)XE)

to
    IOS c806-k9osy6-mz.123-1a.bin (12.3.1a) with the IP/FW PLUS 3DES

I used the hardware-software compatability matrix, so I know that IOS is supported.

The thing is... now when I go to use the CRWS (cisco router web setup) it says that the router is not meant to use the CRWS.

So, I went and found the new CRWS to upgrade to and downloaded it, but have been unable to find documents on how to upgrade the CRWS. (delete the old and install the new) All the file has is the files that should be on the router. The html pages and the java pages and devfault config, etc.

Anyone know how to do it? I know that there is a way to upgrade within the CRWS, but if you can't use it... how else would you do it?! You'd think it'd be similar to the IOS upgrade, where you delete the old IOS from flash and install the new one. The CRWS isn't even listed in the flash... where would it be located?!

The most I can find is how to get to the CRWS...
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800eacba.html

EDIT: Ok I found where it was... by just messing around a bit.

The CRWS is located in webflash NOT flash. I can see all the files there... now how to copy them all over? LoL Gotta love unfamiliar territory.... I know how to configure the cisco routers... but not the broadband routers! They are different...

Aha! Found it! now to see if it works...
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...s/ugcrws30.htm
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I believe it's the same as an IOS/PDM upgrade. copy tftp://123.123.123.123/filename.xyz and it should clear the old file and put the new one in.

Now keep in mind I've never done this particular upgrade but Cisco, at least of late, has seemed to keep it's product line straight as far as upgrading. Not like the old days when I had to upgrade the AS5200 mica modem firmware, etc. etc. What a nightmare that was.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I think I have mastered upgrading both the IOS and the CRWS...

I've tried about 10 different versions so far...

I have the Cisco 806 broadband router

the IOS is stored in flash

copy tftp flash:
    ip address of tftp server
    source file name
    dest file name
    want to erase flash before copying?
    xfer or erase then xfer

CRWS is stored in webflash

copy tftp webflash:
    ip address of tftp server
    source file name
    dest file name
    want to erase flash before copying?
    xfer or erase then xfer

similar, but different flash. my IOS flash is aprox 8mb and my web flash is aprox 2mb.

I have not tried to store both in flash to find out if that works... but its worth a try...

I am able to get them both to work... but I'm looking for a combo (IOS/CRWS) that fits my needs. It seems that some CRWS doesn't like the advanced features... so I'll prolly do my config with basic, then backup my config. Then upgrade the IOS and use the advanced features via CLI. I like CLI better... but its VERY different to config DSL than ISDN or Frame/x.25...

If anyone is interested... I'll copy over my config so you can see what it looks like.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.