Thread: Service Pack

Unhappy Service Pack

Dear Friends:
    Can any one please tell me how to find what version of service pack is installed in windows 2k
    thanks

Type go to Start > Run > and type winver into the box, A small info screen should then appear and let you know what service pack your running

thanks, but Winver displays version, build and memory , no info abt Servicepack!!

Banned
    Right Click on My Computer -> Properties -> Should be under 'Sytem'

= Cheers, jag291 =

Banned
    And 'winver' does tell you what service pack you're running...

thanks for the picture but neither its displayed in winver nor in system, that line is blank, what might be the problem

Have you installed any service packs? Both of the methods mentioned above work. If you go to the Microsoft Windows Update site and it has a critical update for Service Pack 4, that can tell you that at the least you don't have SP4..., unless you decide to install it there.

-Tim_axe

The system iam using is for graphical works like video editing, it works only if the OS is 2k pro and service pack 1, so i didnt installed any uograde packs

If your video editing software doesn't work as your machine is now, here is a list of the service packs so you can download and install the one you want. Service Pack 1 should be at the very bottom of the page. I would think that this software should be able to run with a more recent service pack, though. If you decide to go for a newer service pack, just so you know, Service Pack 4 just came out. I have just downloaded it and might give it a try tonight.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q260910

For anyone else who needs service packs for other Microsoft products, here is a link to the page that lists them: http://support.microsoft.com/default...id=fh;EN-US;sp

Good luck!

-Tim_axe

Thanks tim i will downlaod it right now and test it