Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USA national do not call registry

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yeah man, CNN is whoring the piss out of this website. I saw it at about 4am and I jumped on my machine to take care of it immediately.

On a side note, can you paint a bigger bullseye on a potential target??? Imagine the number of good e-mail addresses this system will be housing? Sure hope they have a good IT shop running the server.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Call 1-888-382-1222 if you live west of the mississippi this # will let you do the same thing as the website only it is alot easier to get through on.
    \"Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked.\"
    -Jeff Pesis

Why only have a phone number that works west of the Mississippi? Yeah I'm surprised they are taking the time to do a phone operation at all, because they should know for the next like week a TON of people will be calling, because of having issues with the web probably.

~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Why only have a phone number that works west of the Mississippi?
    They are having the number work only for people west of the Mississippi to handle the volume, on a certain date I dont remember when then the # will work for those east of the mississippi to breakup the congestion. Go here to read an article on yahoo about it.
    \"Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked.\"
    -Jeff Pesis

OH ok that makes more sense. Thanks for the URL all_smiles

~AciD
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

Even if you get on that list, it won't start for like another six months. Until that time you can buy a device called "telezapper." A lot of you have probably heard of it. When you pick up the phone, the telezapper emits a tone which mimics the one yuo get when you call a number that has been disconnected. It happens for less than a second so it isn't annoying. What happens is that when a telemarketer calls you with their computer, you pick up the phone and it produces the tone. Their computer thinks that your number has been disconnected and they remove you from their list. Hence, that company never cals you again. One the glorious day when the no call list kicks in though, none of this will matter.
    -NeuTron

Actually the offical website said that if you register around now it would start sometime in August. And I think it also said that if you register in September or after, that it would only take up to 3 months.

Personally I trust something that goverment does than a little iMac looking device that SAYS it will stop them from calling back. Plus I bet even if the computer thinks that a number is disconnected, that it goes into another catagory rather than being deleted from the database. A catagory that might try to call that number once every month until it's back up and running because another family is using it. Or maybe it just sells the number to another company that does that. Who knows...

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]

Originally posted here by AciDriveHB
    Personally I trust something that goverment does than a little iMac looking device that SAYS it will stop them from calling back.
    I was only suggesting a temporary solution. Of course the list is going to be wonderful but I hate telemarketers so much that I do anything no to get their calls. Also it looks nothing like an iMac and reduced my number of calls by about eighty percent. The "call list" I signed up for in California won't kick in until late October or maybe even later.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    LOL, I thought NeuTron was actually reading off the comercial! Sounds like you've seen it quite a few times.

Now, if I can only find a way to make my TV ignore that FUC**NG Video Professor commercial...
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

do they even have a commercial?