Moans and groans

Thread: Moans and groans

AO's Mr Grumpy

Moans and Groans

This may seem like a "moan & groan" post , but it is not intended to be. this may come over as the ramblings of a very sad person, I would like to call it more a point of view, some may call it just being a nosy bastard, I have been looking at new members post's and have seen max 13 in one day, mainly" hi, good post" another 34 posts in the space of a few days. I am not advocating that these people be banned , but would question the policing (maybe wrong choice of word) of the site, I could be wrong but do not think that I have seen any notification to these members to check out advice to etc etc etc, being a newbie myself I do not want to be hyper critical, but it would appear on this site at times there is a fair amount of hypocrisy, and I do not feel that I have to give examples. All I would ask is that the site is seen to be fair to all.
    And while I'm in this frame of mind , who give a **** about what games people play , music listened to etc, this site is supposed to be about "COMPUTER SECURITY" The problems associated with it , operating systems, networks, hardware , software etc, serious stuff for serious people. there are any amounts of sites out there for people who want " show me how to hack, crack , piss my pants etc". Apologies for this rant, but I am frustrated, as I am still awaiting my exam results , and I got a parking ticket today.
    To paking attendants the world over, I hope your wives have left you and gone upmarket to street cleaners, and left you with the children

l
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Banned
    Well all I have ot say on that is if anyone New or Old reads any of the posts there are several posts that say don't just post things just ot try to get your amount of posts up. But at the sametime how is it possible to Fathom that anyone new might read everysingle post on Net etiqute think about there are plenty the best way to fix it in my OPINION is to just basicly if someone post some BS just let them know I don't mean Negging them just Pm them and say "hey this is sight to learn not to just post stupid things to get your amount of posts up."
    Hopefully, that will teach someone on the other hand you can do what was done to me and Neg them to death. But, the only problem with that, is it makes most people resent the sight or the people that did it.

Whizkid2300

I'm not sure exactly how to respond to your post... basically yes it does sound like a rant from an upset person. But here's my view of how things are.

I'm not exactly sure what your whole meaning of the first paragraph was. I think it you were upset with the fact that people that post "hi" get a post rating, and most of the newbie's seem to do this a lot and really aren't making any good posts. Well to that, that's just how things are. JP, the creator of AO, set that in place and that's just how it has been. Maybe it should be changed to have a set text limit to get a post count, but personally I think it is fine. There is more to AO than worrying about that stuff. Just as we tell all the newbie's who get negged for the first time and then flip out about their AP rating.

Moving on, AO is a place of security issues and what not. But again this is also a community, and this is supposed to be a place that brings people together. That's why there is a General ChitChat area, for people to voice whatever they feel. Why is that wrong? With the new update, only security related posts appear on the front page when logging in, so anyone with a General ChitChat thread won't bother those who only come here for security related information.

The reason I attack this prompt like this is because we aren't a site for hacking and what not, that's why I don't understand why you went off on a rant about that. All of us stand strong whenever script kiddies come in here asking how to hack and what not, the AO community won't stand for it. But that doesn't mean we also can't have fun right and post silly questions in General ChitChat or throw a post up in the Tech Humor? You following what I'm trying to get at here?

Really mate it sounds like you've had a bad day and a lot of stress, you need to get a nice cold drink of some sort and relax. This site isn't perfect, like any real message boards are. It's supposed to be a place to come to for learning, but has turned into a place that even us geeks can let loose.

Anyway, I hope you got your exam scores back and you did well. Also just think the next time you miss a stop sign, or slide through a red light and don't get a ticket... you won't even think about that parking ticket you just got!

Best wishes,
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

AO's Mr Grumpy
    AciDriveHB
    Relate to all you say. my post was not intended to offend. Have chilled out , had that drink, I think I wiil confine my posts to tech humour and cosmos from now on
    regards
    jm459
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Originally posted here by jm459
    AciDriveHB
    Relate to all you say. my post was not intended to offend. Have chilled out , had that drink, I think I wiil confine my posts to tech humour and cosmos from now on
    regards
    jm459
    If you are confining your posts to tech humour and cosmos.. then why do you care if this is a computer security site? sorry. but I'm kinda curious about that
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Oh hey jm459 I personally did not take offend, and I hope you did not take offend to anything I said. I'm just saying I know how it is and I was just wishing you the best on relaxing... while also trying to point out a few things. Actually the points you were trying to make, I can understand perfectly clear. I think that there are probably more people than just you that share those views. I was just trying to help clear some of it up and show you things from a different perspective!

Cheers mate,
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]