Thread: Do not Call Registry

Do not Call Registry

If you wanna see some of the garbage they are pulling two hours after the law passed go to this website.

www.donotcallprotection.com

Those lazy telemarketers never give up, do they.

LOL damn that's almost funny enough to put under the Tech Humor section! Anything to make a buck in Corp America though, that's just the way it is these days! But I would not surprised that a ton of businesses already have hit that site and forked over the cash to beocme "compliant"! In the end though it just makes you laugh, well at least me...

Good post...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    OMG, did you see the cheese log that is the president of that outfit??

I think you're right, this is a comedy!!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Can't these people take a hint. I'm shocked that there is actually a company who publically advertises the fact they are side-stepping the "do not call list". These people are scum.

I don't think they are side stepping it, I think they are there to help telemarketers stay up to date with the DoNotCall list by a connection means. This way the said business can stay in compliance while this new company can rack in the bucks by offering the service. That is unless I'm not reading something right (then again I was just skimming the site anyway)

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Alright I see now AcidDrive.....I just had to read it more closely. Still though, get a real job........

I thought it was interesting that they charge 55 cents a minute for domestic calls. Thats more then my cell when I exceed my "free" minutes. I understand business pay more utility type services then consumers but I'd be surprised if they pay more then $.10 per minute.

Cheers,

-D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

It is called list scrubbing where a company will have a huge list of possible contacts that they have acquired through a variety of means including purchasing from another company and they need to make sure that they are all clear to call all of those people without having compliance issues with local, state or now national laws which allow those people to opt out of solicitations. It has become so difficult because so many laws are being created against telemarketers that they are having to get third parties to help them scrub aka remove all people who have opted out of solicitation to prevent violations which can lead to costly penalties and even class action lawsuits.
    That is most likely not a cheese d**k operation but a company that has spent time reviewing all the laws involved and act as consultants to the telemarketing companies to make sure that they are compliant with all of the new laws.

all_smiles
    \"Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked.\"
    -Jeff Pesis