Thread: Penatration Test..

Penatration Test..

Hi, what kind of software can i use in a penatration test to test my network.. penatration software like apache penatration, Domain Controller penatration, Email Server penatration, etc. Thanks in advance..
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz

Hey Hey,

I'd suggest you try www.google.com and type in Penetration Test or Penetration Test Software... There's lots of software out there... Why not do your own penetration testing though, instead of finding software to do it for you?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    www.nessus.org

This open source scanner is a great place to begin. You'll need a *nix box and you can use any Win32 box to run the front-end (Nessus-WX)

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Originally posted here by HTRegz
    Hey Hey,

I'd suggest you try www.google.com and type in Penetration Test or Penetration Test Software... There's lots of software out there... Why not do your own penetration testing though, instead of finding software to do it for you?
    u own? how? can u suggest some tips. can it be done one Java?
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz

Well you can check out http://www.penetration-testing-group.co.uk/ I realize it's a commercial group, but it gives you an example of what they do and how they do it... Basically when you do it yourself, it's just taking a lot longer and letting you learn a bit more... Find out the software running on your system and check into exploits and overflows for the software, play around with it and see what you can do with it.

wat programming language to use? C? C++? Java?
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz

Originally posted here by Penguin
    wat programming language to use? C? C++? Java?
    Use anything you want.. but I seriously think if you are asking a question like that you probably shouldn't be playing with penetration testing. nc or telnet would work just fine to connect and test out your 'sploits and stuff.. You should really learn what penetration testing is first, before asking for programs to do it with.

for general purpose vulnerability scanner check out nessus (GPL), Retina (Eeye), etc... for web testing, i would highly recommend whisker. for general purpose firewall testing, check out ftester (0.9) current release. there are number of "tools" you could use at Fyodor's site -> http://www.insecure.org/tools.html . Fyodor is going to be speaking at the next defcon in las vegas.

-w0rm3y

Originally posted here by HTRegz

Use anything you want.. but I seriously think if you are asking a question like that you probably shouldn't be playing with penetration testing. nc or telnet would work just fine to connect and test out your 'sploits and stuff.. You should really learn what penetration testing is first, before asking for programs to do it with.
    okay..
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz