Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .bat file that erases windows

lol good point... i codec in C a "virus" that deletes the solitare in c:\windows very primative one and becouse my supirior knowledge in C i didnt even managed to back it up before delete...
    tried at home, all good
    tried at school, wtf? the sysop there didnt installed solitare... **** whats the point?
    if i knew how to code a worm i would spread it and milions of people will actually start working at work and not playing.

btw as far as i understand NAV and other anti-viruses have a virus databse and a batch file isnt really something you can add there coz there are many posabilities

The prevention to this problem is to goto CONTROL PANEL > FOLDER OPTIONS > FILE TYPES
    now one-by-one select the following and click ADVANCED choose EDIT and click DEFAULT:-
    .VBS, .BAT, ..JS, .KEY, .REG, .WSF

By making EDIT as the default option these executable scripts will automatically display their content and when you have reviewed it then you can rightclick and select the appropriate option.
    i run win98 and it wouldnt let me change the default to edit i can add new commands but i still cant make them the default.
    it was a good sugestion thought
    [blur]Y R U U[/blur]
    You\'r just a bit nothing more.
    oso_1_ has been assimilated!
    ZeTtA bYtE has been assimilated!

Bath file is aint a fu*kin VirUs it doesnt even belong to the definition of virus it can erase anything you will tell him

Bath file is aint a fu*kin VirUs it doesnt even belong to the definition of virus it can erase anything you will tell him
    An unkown batch file introduced into the environment to a user via email, P2P, floppy, download, etc: is both unwanted and potentially harmful and dangerous. Therefore in my method of thinking it is a virus with the potential to deliver some unwanted event and replicate itself.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

changing file properties

i run win98 and it wouldnt let me change the default to edit i can add new commands but i still cant make them the default.
    This is easily fixed, add the same commands that are already there, (e.g. if Open is there add open, if Edit is there add edit) you will then be able to remove everything. Then add (in order of importance) the commands you want.
    Whats a \"START\" button?

comeon batch files are for lamers and u can delete the windir while ur in windows!and i suppose u dont use dos that much! if it is not nt try deleting win.com and replacing it with restart.com after renaming it to win.com its much cooler! hehehe

windows 95-XP do NOT have restart.com (unless your running a compaq with quick restore cd's, in which case restart.com was put in so the restore program could reboot the computer..) and you CAN NOT delete a file while it is in use.

Batch programs have a lot of uses, but to be used as viruses?!? well thats like trying to use notepad to make pdf's hehehe.

Although batch files can be dangerous most people wont run them unless they check them out first.

Even though I probably should be bringing this up. If you want to make something believable use a program like exe-bind to "merge" files together.......downside to this is that there are programs to discover these files, some AV software will too.

Anywho my two cents is over drawn so i'm out.
    Whats a \"START\" button?