Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows XP Logon

Weird. Im glad I did a search before asking the same quiestion. Thanx guys!
    101010 = The answer to liff the universe and everything...

so coleycole3 I am glad you got into your system Here's the next question, were the accounts still there? And here's a thought, if they still were could you use the "old styled" login screen to log into them? I would suggestion doing a defrag, that might help your system from locking up when going into safe mode (that's what happens to me). I'm very interested on hearing what's going on.

Plus here's a question that wasn't asked, are you using any sort of firewall and/or antivirus software?

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

I've a good idea of what happened to your computer. I live in a dorm when school is in session and also have a roomate and we'd mess around with people's accounts by logging into the administrator account by turning off the computer and log in under safe mode. We would then change their password just to freak them out. (we'd eventually tell them what the new password was) If a person did something like this, they could easily delete the accounts without having to know the password....I think it's retarded that XP made it so easy to destroy someone's computer like that. Anyway, I'm glad that you regained access to your computer but everyone reading this thread should do something to prevent this from happening to them. I don't know if it's possible, but password protecting the admin account would be a great start. You might also want to disable boot keys (f5 and f8 in particular).

Yes it is possible to password protect the admin account and everyone should do it.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

two questions, how do you disable the boot keys and password protect the admin account. also, my roommate didn't like the idea that his computer had messed up and decided to just do use his recovery disks from the pc manufacturer.
    A+, Network+ Certified.